Goat Hutches VS Barn

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
You may also want to look into Shelter Logic corral shelters.
I have used one for a mustang mare that wouldn't go in a three sided shelter because of the confined feeling and not being able to see.
It worked well for me.
I think they are well made, won't break the bank, portable, and would be even better in your dry climate. I had to keep the snow from accumulating on it.
You will need 12' corral panels to attach it to, though I have seen pictures where people just set it up on the ground for shorter animals.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
i wasn't sure what a tote was so thanks for posting a picture of one. They are awfully small and I don't think would work for Boers. Do your Boers have horns? If so, they would have even more problems in those small containers.

Where are you located? How large is their pasture/corral? Why not just put 4 posts in the ground, attach cross beams and then put on corrugated roofing for a pasture shelter.? Or set up hoop houses like Baymule has on one of her postings. You use stock panel, bend it into a hoop and attach it to the ground with stakes and put a tarp over it. You can extend the hoop house longer by adding more more stock panels.

Don't make the mistake of underestimating the amount of space your Boers will need. No point wasting money on small totes when the goats will not go inside them. The kids grow very fast and will not be willing to stay inside a small space very long.