Goat in labor for 5 days?

GoatieMama

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I did the same thing, got three rescues, rehomed one to a companion home wher she will never be bred, one i had to put down as her bones were so brittle she broke her leg in several places and the other is still here, but a grumpy ol girl...lol. will now only rescue HEALTHY goats with some background and health information....and I see them first......otherwise its a set up for heartbreak for me.

I have an experienced goat friend who says there’s no such thing as a free goat. Words of wisdom.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I always try to pen breed so I have dates. I think of the 60+ does that I will have freshen this year there are 6 or 7 that I don't have dates on. I also use multiple bucks as I have multiple breeds so I try to keep that sorted out too.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Only way to keep your sanity! It was especially important with our dairy does since we had to be there to whisk the kids away and only feed heat treated colostrum and pasteurized milk. We used to breed about 20-25 and then sort out as to keepers for the kids' show string and groups.