goat losing hair

honeyb12

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I thinks he is doing better thanks for all the wonderful info and input..He didn't lose all his hair during the bath but he lost a good bit right on his haunches, on either side of his backbone (he looks like he has a mohawk straight down his back..funny). I wish I knew how to post pics on here..I have even read the instructions and still cant figure out..Oh well I will have to play with it a while when I can find the time..:). If you can get on my page..u might be able to see a pic of him..somehow I managed to download that..but that is all I have been able to do..not quite sure how I even acomplished that..lol! Im sooo computer stupid.:) I will keep you all posted.

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
If you already have his picture on the uploads page, you just need to go to uploads and copy and past the "Url" that is under the little picture onto your post. When you submit your post the picture will come up.

Glad he is doing better.

honeyb12

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Here is Moe Before hair loss

And here he is after hair loss..poor thing..how humilating.:(

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I new the hair loss was going to bad. Poor thing. Just keep in mind as you are giving him vitamines and minerals, Things like selenium and copper can become toxic.

honeyb12

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Moe seems to have alot of dark patches..that wasn't noticeable before he lost his hair..I hope it comes back in dark in those areas..he would be quite handsome..(although he already is to me..even without hair). im guessing he is Nubian or Nubian cross maybe--look at those ears..hehe!

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
could be nubian boer cross, but at only 35lbs, he is way under weight or also has something smaller in him.

It is going to take 3 to 4 months of regular feedings and daily care to really start seeing improvements. In that bad of shape I would consider monthly worming or monthly fecals until he is back in shape. Also, checking for coccidiosis.

He is going to need some serious groceries. To start putting on muscle.

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Actually, he really looks pretty good. That hair will come in very well. It will take a several weeks, but it will come in all at once, and will look very smooth and new. Keep up the good work. You might add some flax seed meal to his diet for a couple weeks. And get some nutritional yeast to add to his diet as well. (He will like that.) It will add a nice shine to the new coat. I would agree though he needs to be fed up a bit. Good hay and get a fecal check done.

honeyb12

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Yeah he is small and definately does not have alot of muscle tone..Im guessing he is only about 5-7 mons old..He has actually grown since we have had him(a little taller)..I can tell..I guess he has to look worse before he gets better. But I am giving him red cell, probiotics, vitamin e, and loose minerals--he's only had two treatments of that so far--he hates it- and it makes a huge mess all over him and me..hehe. He has free choice of grain, alfalfa pellets, and handful of BOSS and constant access to hay (coastal) right now, plus he browses. He eats good and is definately a talker(bleats when he is lonely and wants attention--he's very spoiled). Im going to inject all my goats with Ivomec plus this afternoon/evening (Moe included)..fun times ahead! I hate stressing them out. Thanks u guys for being there and helping me and Moe Moe out during this time. He thanks u too! :)

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I find, they will put on hieght(frame) first and then the muscling will come on after that.

Latest posts