Goat milk lotion

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have seen talk about making goat milk soap on here, but does anyone make goat milk lotion? It's coming into those months where my hands need it! And I have goat milk, so why am I still buying goat milk lotion from other people? Anyone have good resources for where I need to start?

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is definitely a @babsbag question!

I second what Goat Whisperer said!
Babs makes a Red Apple one that is our favorite!

She should put up pics of her soaps and lotions and scrubs and lip balm!

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
She totally should! I want to learn how to make goat milk everything... I've done soap and now lotion is next. After that will be lip balm.

I'm gonna need more goats. Sound familiar? I see how this happens now... :lol:

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
:yuckyuck

Babs really makes the coolest stuff! I've been spoiled :D
He lotion bars are great too!

Babs- you get some pics and post them! I know we have some pics of everything you've sent, I just need to find them!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
So if you'll bee making lotions and balms, you'll bee needing an additional element, made by a bee... bee's wax. The honey is good in balms and potions too... I mean lotions :p

The honey is pretty awesome also :drool The getting stung, not so much:hit but unless you're allergic, it's not bad and goes away pretty quick. So when ya getting bees?

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
Actually hopefully in the spring. My husband used to keep bees but he lost his hives right before we moved back to NH and we just haven't gotten back up and running yet.

Believe (or bee-lieve?) me, we are anxious for that element to return to the homestead! I want to make candles too eventually. I've got all kinds of plans! I can't, well I won't, go back to working full time so I can homeschool, but I would like to add to the income stream a bit by selling some of these things. And, of course, primarily I want to avoid processed, chemical filled anything.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
IMHO, the amount of time it takes to make bees wax makes it "cost prohibitive" to use it for candles... You just don't really get enough from a few hives to make it reasonable. I think I was reading that in the old days they'd make candles from rendered lard... I wonder if you'd call that, or if it would make a bacon scented candle? Probably not... prob smell like burning lard... :sick

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ew! I haven't looked into candles, really, just something I always wanted to try. I don't know much about bees or the process because my husband had them mostly before I was around! So he's the expert, I just think they're cool haha. Looking forward to learning though!