Goat milking machine...what's your opinion?

ChickenPotPie

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I'm going to need to milk 3 does and bottle feed all their kids next spring. I'm not looking forward to it - being as busy as I am. I'm thinking I'd love to save up for a milking machine but don't know a thing about them.

What do you think is the best, and most affordable, goat milking machine? And, um....a brief tutorial on how it works/parts needed wouldn't hurt, either. :D

Thanks.

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
I have been looking into the milking machines and will probably buy the DP120 from Perry's Milkers. Perry's Milkers are reconditioned so they are a little cheaper than a brand new one. Since I haven't even purchased it yet, I can't give any tips on how to use it. Just google Perry's Milkers.

ChickenPotPie

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I got my Perry's Milker, Karen. :D Dang, milking is so easy using that thing. Thanks!

ChickenPotPie

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Yup. :) I got carpal tunnel for the first time in my life just about a month ago. Just using a brace helped relieve it. It was sooo painful I don't want to get that again so I was concerned I'd get it again by milking so much. No worry with the milking machine. No emptying buckets until all the does are done. No freaking frustration over does kicking or stepping into the milk bucket. The milk stays clean in the sealed bucket.

It only took about 5 milkings for all the does to get used to it. And, it only cost me HALF the price of a new milker. Yay! :celebrate

I got the DP50. That is the model Mr. Perry said he has used every day for the past umpteen years. I can add additional tubes and inflations if we keep more goats (and buy another milk stand). Very nice.

PattySh

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I got a refurbished model from www.portablemilkers.com Very good prices. I think I paid about $850 with vaccum pump. I got a surge type with long hoses that will milk two goats or one cow. (They had single goat milkers even cheaper)I took two of the hoses off temporarily as I am milking one goat at a time. I love it as I also have sore hands. My goats have been great to milk with the machine and one is a turd to milk by hand.My vaccum pump stays set up next to the milking stand. I try to get pics I have to go out to milk asap.