Goat mineral issue

The Old Ram-Australia

Herd Master
Reaction score
G'day GM,it would seem you have the task in front of you.Are you in the north or the south of Sri Lanka? Have you approached the N G O's from overseas that operate in your country? Where are your largest ex-pat community's? As an ex commonwealth country I would try the British Dairy Goat Society for some help,Some of the N G O's that support agriculture have tremendous resources in their home country's.What are the regulations regarding live animal imports into your country,as the country of origin can make it easier or harder depending on which country it is.I would think A.I or embryos is the way to go and it could be that some tech support could come with it.But as with all these things its the group support that you need,just "dodge" the ones that will not co-operate now ,because if your group is successful they will come calling and you can just ignore them.

As always I hope the above is of some value ......T.O.R.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Have you considered that the fact your waiting 2 months before milking may be helping cause a decrease in production? Generally most people in the US anyhow will start milking a dairy goat at 1 week after delivery. They generally milk twice a day, this causes the dairy goats to produce more milk. At first you just milk a little like a 1/2 to 1 cup(4-8oz) and as time goes on and the kids get to eating other food you milk more and more until the kid is weaned then you milk it all.

The Old Ram-Australia

Herd Master
Reaction score
G'day GM, I recall that years ago when I visited Fiji that years before a part of the UN had completed a project where they introduced new genetics to the govt goat meat dept along with tech support to improve there goat meat output.Perhaps if you contact the Dept of Ag in Fiji they may be able to give you the details...T.O.R.

Goat Mania

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
First of all forgive me for the delay in responding.

@tor

I am based in the western province. I have taken your advice and starting contacting a few NGO's. Let's hope something works out. The majority Expat community is in Colombo close to where I live.

I will contact th Fijians too and see if I can get a lead

@misfitmorgan

You are right. Starting tomorrow I am milking the right way.

Latest posts