Goat off Snotty Nostril

abraeri

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Was she acting odd, other than the snot? Glad you were able to see a good vet.

bethh

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I didn’t realize that she was. But she was somewhat unsteady on her feet and having some facial twitching.

bethh

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Tipsy has declined. Last night I found that she was hyper salivating and had a significant head tilt. She would eat some and drink. I decided that I would bring her back to the vet this morning. I went back down and she was exhibiting the same symptoms as last night plus had a hunched stance. The vet looked at her and said it is definitely listeria. He’s increasing her medications. He’s also sending meds home for Dolly. I’m asking for your positive thoughts and prayers that everyone improves. Also, that Dolly won’t fight too much for us to give her these medications.

bethh

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Tipsy was very puny this morning. I was very concerned if it was time. I did some reading about listeriosis and then called the vet. One of the recommendations suggested tube feeding kid milk replacer and electrolytes. I didn’t have any electrolytes that weren’t hard but did have a new bag of milk replacer in preparation for the kids that are due. I make her a bottle and added nutri drench. The first feeding she took roughly 4 ounces. I left to go buy her more meds. When I got back, I fed her again and this time she took about 12 ounces. I’ve been back and forth to their yard to check on her and her sister who is due today. She has definitely perked up. She came to see me, was wandering around and overall seemed better. I’ve got more antibiotics and b12. I sure hope this does the trick. The vet prescribed more Nuflor and added penicillin which I mentioned because that was mentioned in the article that I read.
Like the old saying, when it rains it pours. Things have been smooth sailing with the animals and all of a sudden Dolly miscarries, Tipsy gets listeriosis and the following week Dixie’s babies are due.

Latest posts