Goat pregnancy questions

JadeFarms

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I am pretty sure my new goat is pregnant, i have never had a goat and I got a couple and my doe seems pregnant. I’m not sure how long until she could give birth, but if she does is there anything I need or that anybody suggests?
D5790397-5130-4492-8B5B-877A53066A6A.jpeg

WildersMilkMaid

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Her udder does indeed look like it is partially full. Perhaps she was previously milked, and is still drying up. If she is pregnant, however, her time is near based on her udder, I’d say. You can check her “ligaments” a few times a day, search to find a diagram of where to look for those. They are hard like pencils before and after delivery, but soften in the few days before, and completely disappear 12-24 hours before delivery. I really like the labor/delivery info on FiascoFarm.com website. Definitely worth taking a look if you think she might be giving birth soon. The website has a list of what to have on hand, in addition to photos of steps of labor, how/when to intervene/assist, etc.

Best of luck to you and your girl.

JadeFarms

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Her udder does indeed look like it is partially full. Perhaps she was previously milked, and is still drying up. If she is pregnant, however, her time is near based on her udder, I’d say. You can check her “ligaments” a few times a day, search to find a diagram of where to look for those. They are hard like pencils before and after delivery, but soften in the few days before, and completely disappear 12-24 hours before delivery. I really like the labor/delivery info on FiascoFarm.com website. Definitely worth taking a look if you think she might be giving birth soon. The website has a list of what to have on hand, in addition to photos of steps of labor, how/when to intervene/assist, etc.

Best of luck to you and your girl.
I am not exactly sure how old she is, but I do know that she is too young to have given birth before, I will check that out thank you!!

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
I also watched a lot of videos on YouTube..to help me get prepared. I also read many many of the kidding threads on here, even made my own..people will give you step by step daily help...you can give daily updates and pictures, they give their input and experience. You’re gonna love it!! Congrats!!

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hello. Also have a safe straw filled shelter for the babies to stay out of the wind/rain etc. You will have to keep us updated about her and pictures are needed after she kids. 👍🐐❤️