1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Peachicks - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Goat Quarantine - what do you do?

Discussion in 'Behaviors & Handling Techniques - Goats' started by Green Acres Farm, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Jan 3, 2017
    Ferguson K

Ferguson K Herd Master

We extend quarantine time depending on the animal.

One doeling was in quarantine for 4 months, only recently added to the herd. She had chronic respiratory issues and multiple other things. She enjoys being with the herd now.

Shots , worming, and the big 3 are tested for. We recently also started testing for Bruc and TB.

Green Acres Farm likes this.
  2. Aug 8, 2019
    Daxigait

Daxigait Loving the herd life

what do you think about a goat that you're getting back that you sold after 3 months. as far as I can tell she's fine except for they tried to kill her by not dealing with parasites. I've had her home 10 days she's been wormed in about to get a second dose and fecal run I'm just not sure I'm just putting on weight again and and seems to be doing fine got to get paranoid about Johnees.