Goat scour dosage

Pinewood Ridge

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I posted last week about a couple of my ND boys with terrible scours that kept recurring. Barber pole worms, I had been giving Quest. Finally stopped by my small animal vet, who occasionally will work on goats. He said--NO QUEST! Then gave me some cydectin to use instead. That was Tue. Came home and gave it to them immediately.

Problem is, their intestines are still exploding. I'm assuming that will still happen as they are getting the varmits out of their system. But I need to give them something for the scours. No one is selling Spectoguard anywhere now (and I'd like to know why!) I'm thinking of getting some Merricks Blue Ribbon Anti Diarrheal Bolus for Calves & Foals at Tractor Supply tomorrow. They are 10 grams each. What would the dosage be for a 20 lb and a 40-45 lb goat?

Thanks!

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I posted last week about a couple of my ND boys with terrible scours that kept recurring. Barber pole worms, I had been giving Quest. Finally stopped by my small animal vet, who occasionally will work on goats. He said--NO QUEST! Then gave me some cydectin to use instead. That was Tue. Came home and gave it to them immediately.

Problem is, their intestines are still exploding. I'm assuming that will still happen as they are getting the varmits out of their system. But I need to give them something for the scours. No one is selling Spectoguard anywhere now (and I'd like to know why!) I'm thinking of getting some Merricks Blue Ribbon Anti Diarrheal Bolus for Calves & Foals at Tractor Supply tomorrow. They are 10 grams each. What would the dosage be for a 20 lb and a 40-45 lb goat?

Thanks!
@Mini Horses

Can you just call your vet ask ask?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hay. The scours will stop in a day or two...once system purges. IF no better by Sat, call vet. You've had to destroy their gut flora with deworm meds. Might get to loose vice blow out first, then will get back. Often the pink liquid helps.😊

Let us know how they're doing.

Latest posts