Goat screaming in pain and can't stand - EMERGENCY!

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
This sounds like she was bit by something. If that winds up being the case, I'm glad the person feeding them and moving the brush didn't get bit. You may have had a good, brave girl that took the hit for your mom.

I advise you find a large animal vet soon though. They are VERY useful. Emergencies they can help with come up every once in a while and I like to sleep not worrying about not being prepared when they come.

Bird Whisperer

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the responses. Our boys are doing much better now :)
Our neighbor has a friend trying to get rid of some Nigerian Dwarf does so we may get a couple more girls in the near future! I'm going to have to get rid of our 2 fainting goats first though - they have horns and tend to bully our disbudded Nigerians. And I don't want any issues if and when I bring in babies.

@rachels.haven I think either something poisonous bit her or she ate some toxic plant (the drive to the lab for a necropsy was too far for me so I'm just going off what I've researched). The nearest large animal vet is about an hour away so hopefully we won't have any emergencies in the future!

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just read this whole thread...a dear smart friend of mine from this forum once told me...if it is bloat, to keep a bottle of peanut oil on hand...I realize that’s not what happened. But, you might want to get some, for the future. I have two bottles. I think I have two of everything...I live in the sticks.

im very very sorry for your beloved goat. I can’t imagine that loss.❤️🙏

Bird Whisperer

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I just read this whole thread...a dear smart friend of mine from this forum once told me...if it is bloat, to keep a bottle of peanut oil on hand...I realize that’s not what happened. But, you might want to get some, for the future. I have two bottles. I think I have two of everything...I live in the sticks.

im very very sorry for your beloved goat. I can’t imagine that loss.❤🙏
Thank you, I'll get some peanut oil just incase I have issues in the future :)