Goat Semen Collection

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was just looking at our last ADGA newsletter. The national convention was in October and each year they have a "spotlight" sale. Your goat has to be approved for the spotlight sale, usually the offspring of a recent champion at national show, or a high producer, etc.

So anyway, a farm in NC bought a Nubian buckling for $10,600.00 :ep
Yes, we know the people.

I thought at first it was a typo. But, there has been a lot of chatter from our goat friends on Face Book. No, it was not a typo.

I would hope he poops solid gold berries. :hu

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Talk about inflation! WOW... Wish I had that kind of cash to throw at a single animal... That's almost a years worth of mortgage payments for me!

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Talk about inflation! WOW... Wish I had that kind of cash to throw at a single animal... That's almost a years worth of mortgage payments for me!

If I had that kind of cash to throw at a single animal, I'd find something else to do with it! If he's really worth that much to them in their breeding program, more power to them, but I can't imagine an animal being worth that kind of money to me - especially a young, unproven one.:hu

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
That is insane...goats die. I'm sorry, I just can't justify that kind of money on an animal; but that is just me. I am not being critical of the people that did it, I just have better uses for that $$$. Personally, I want to enjoy my animals, not worry over losing the investment. To each there own.

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
They own a dairy, so the only thing I can figure is that there is some serious production in his background. I know that "proven" dairy bulls can be worth much, much more than that.
But, like you said he's just a buckling and he may not turn out to be all that.
And, I think since they have a dairy, they could get insurance on him. People pay crazy money for race horses and you can insure them.

I wish I had a couple of $10,000 goats because I would sure be selling them. :)

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
I saw that on FB a few weeks ago, thought the price was a little excessive :ep But hey, if you can afford it more power to ya! :thumbsup

They also got a Hoanbu buck at a spotlight sale a few years ago.

Do any of y'all remember the $16,000 alpine buck?

Last edited:

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
I saw that on FB a few weeks ago, thought the price was a little excessive :ep But hey, if you can afford it more power to ya! :thumbsup

The also get a Hoanbu buck at a spotlight sale a few years ago.

Do any of y'all remember the $16,000 alpine buck?

It must be production because from my understanding it wasn't based on his dam and sire's linear appraisal scores.

Latest posts