Goat: SNAKEBITE (Copperhead~updated) (It's Socrates)

PattySh

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
How terrible. You acted real fast tho getting the vet there asap. I sure hope he makes it. FINGERS CROSSED!!!!!

PattySh

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
How terrible. You acted real fast tho getting the vet there asap. I sure hope he makes it. FINGERS CROSSED!!!!!

DonnaBelle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I missed where she said the "doc" was on the way.

I know she is "crazy" about that goat, I'm praying for his swift recovery. Two of our bird dogs have been bitten by copperheads around the throat area and survived. The first time it happened I was sure I had a dead Brittany on my hands. Our vet said that if it had been a rattlesnake she wouldn't have made it.

Come on Socrates, RTG loves you, get better.

DonnaBelle

ILuvSheep

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Socrates if you don't make it your gonna be in trouble... Your gonna get a time out :old

:fl :fl :fl :fl :hugs :fl :hugs :fl :hugs :fl :hugs :fl :hugs :fl :hugs :fl :hugs :fl :hugs :fl :hugs :fl :hugs Come on Socrates, pull through, everyone here knows you can, don't let them down

redtailgal

Reaction score
Socrates is alive and well. :p Boy is too stubborn to die, lol.

I'll give the full story on the post number 1 of this thread to make it easier for anyone with this sort of emergency in the future.

marlowmanor

Reaction score
redtailgal said:

I'll give the full story on the post number 1 of this thread to make it easier for anyone with this sort of emergency in the future.
:celebrate Glad to here he is a stubborn head and is alive and well. :woot I posted what I found on a google search earlier about treating snakebites in goats for you. I even saved it to my computer so I have it for reference myself later if I ever need it. Hopefully he makes a full recovery. :fl Hugs for you RTG! :hugs

ILuvSheep

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
redtailgal said:

Woot!!! Go socrates, glad is well !! See, being stubborn is good!!

:woot :weee :celebrate :bun :celebrate:celebrate :weee :woot :clap :clap :celebrate !