Goat: SNAKEBITE (Copperhead~updated) (It's Socrates)

redtailgal

Reaction score
OK I've got the update in the first post now

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
Whew!!!! So glad he is going to be okay....geesh Red...first day you are up and around and this happens???? Never a dull moment, eh?

We have copperheads here, so your info is super great to me should this ever happen.

Saturday we had a snake after our chicken who is brooding eggs and the rest of them freaked out and broke through...except one who died trying :hit

Hubby blasted that snake and killed it...two good sized hole in the shed now...but dead snake, got the chickens that escaped back in on lock down...buried the sweet young hen...and grateful we only lost one...I hate snakes!!!!!

Looked online an it wasn't a copperhead or water snake (we have a pond)...no idea yet...now I realize a sheep could be bitten...so glad you shared this!!!!

Hope your mare and poor bitten goatie let you sleep tonight!!!! Good job on doing the right thing right away!!!! :hugs

redtailgal

Reaction score
2.14 am

went out for a recheck. he is trying to swell up a little more, so I ice him up again. (He really is starting to hate the site of frozen peas). seems well enough, is chewing cud. I'm going to bed.

terrilhb

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I am so happy to hear the news. Everyone is right being stubborn is a great thing. :celebrate :weee :thumbsup