Goat Supplies

Bea21

Herd lurker
Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this site. I have a small herd of goats used basically for clearing land. I live in BC Canada. I am finding it difficult if not impossible to find any supplements or supplies for goats here. My local feed store doesn't even know what chaffhay is...very frustrating! Does anybody knlw of any Canadian suppliers for things like Red Cell, Vitamn B gel and other such items? Thanks 🐐

Bea21

Herd lurker
Reaction score
Can you order through the internet and it get shipped across the border? Jeffers supply.... Valley vet are both online suppliers.
The costs of any products ordered on line is prohibitive because of extremely high shipping costs😣

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Why do you think your goats need all those supplements? What are you feeding right now? Goats are browsers so with good forage they might already be getting al the nutrients they need.

Everyone seems to be heavily into "nutritional supplements" but we kept goats for years on just alfalfa hay and dairy grain for the milkers. They had access to a salt block but no loose minerals. We never grained our young stock until they freshened. Then they got dairy grain pound for pound ratio to what they put in the pail. When I read about people supplying lots of additional minerals and supplements, I often wonder if they are necessary or if the animals are getting more than they need of some things.

If the goats are healthy on the r=forage and feed you are giving them, then I would be leery of adding too many things to their diet. Red Cell is high in iron and other stuff, while Vitamin B is used to increase appetite and perk up a goat that is acting off. If they don't need these things you may unbalance their digestion.