Goat under 29 inches. Can I show?

Feo

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Hey i just got a Nubian... a year and a half old... and I was wondering if she has to be 29 inches to show? She is currently an inch or two short. If not, can she be show as a mini? Thanks

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Are you trying to show her in an ADGA show?
Yes, you can show her.

Generally, a yearling is not going to be as large as a mature doe. The established heights/weights are for mature animals. So you are okay as long as she keeps growing.

Miniatures are completely different. You cannot show a small PB Nubian in a mini show because she is not a true mini.

I think it’s great you are wanting to show! We started 2 years ago and it’s addicting :D
We actually just got back from a show on Wednesday. :) (posted on the GW & SBC journal)

Fullhousefarm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
You can show in an ADGA show as long as she is registered- and I doubt any non sanctioned show would ever care about height unless it was so extreme that the animal didn't appear to be the correct breed. Even in an ADGA show the only animals that are dismissed because of height would be a Nigerian who is OVER height.

AFAIK the 29' height is where a mature (over 3 yr old) animal would be coded for being under height during Linear Appraisal.