Goat Whisperer's & SBC's kidding thread: kidding storm

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I seem to recall that your turkeys were more or less in a field of their own and they didn't go in the coop. Has that always been the way you raised them?

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Nope. They go wherever they please. They might have been penned on occasion, right now the mean @$$ tom is penned.

Thinking back, you probably are thinking of the penned tom turkey… he lived in the small buck pen.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our turkeys are all over. The times you came we had already reduced so much and the Tom was in a field with a buck.
We had shelters for them and they never used them. So we used the shelters elsewhere. They roost on the six foot fence panels, the big coop/goat building roof and in the trees.
They can jump easily from a standstill 6ft in the air so you may need to net. Clipping wings hasn't worked other than for the Tom because he is so heavy.

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh on the blackhead topic... I should add that while my turkeys and chickens have never lived together per se, they do share a coop that has ventilation between their respective sides and their fencing is side by side. So I'm not sure how it transmits but they're not separated by much!

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Few pics from today :)

I hung some plastic yesterday to keep the snow from blowing in and to hopefully keep it a bit warmer.
The girls (and boys) are totally spoiled.... Warm water, hay, feed, & beet pulp all brought to them so they don't have to go outside.

I hauled 30+ gallons of warm water to the goats, dogs, chickens, & geese this morning. Seems to be doing okay and I'm about to go out for another round :th

Plastic:
143.JPG
145.JPG
176.JPG

Put plastic up on the coop too, didn't get any pics though.

The "babies" almost a year old now, still go under that hallway. They were ALL under there keeping warm LOL

148.JPG

Leah's big belly. She gets special treatment and gets penned at night and in bad weather, she loves it :)
175.JPG

Some of the girls finally came out as long as I was with them :rolleyes: They love to PLAAAAYYYYYYYYY!
155.JPG
163.JPG

@OneFineAcre tried to get pics of Isaac but none came out good :he
I'll try again later.

Last pic is of Mr. Pete :love

Attachments

• 177.JPG
    177.JPG
    103.5 KB · Views: 70