Goat Whisperer's & SBC's kidding thread: kidding storm

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
very cute! We have to figure out the mini registration thing for our little doeling :)

Trouble is grade but she is the best milker ( comes from Millie) and a hardy goat... I could care less about papers because she will never leave our farm but for people wanting papers the buck can't be.
Had someone talking to me the other day and they were saying they don't understand the whole wanting papers on mini's because the virtual show is ridiculous anyway and there are only a few live shows in the country. Most people have minnis for milk so what's the big deal. I just laughed and said yeah, it's like the people that want the perfect show confirmation goat, starred with high linears but want to pay nothing for the goat and it's just going to sit in their back yard. You'd be surprised how many won't even milk their goats.

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
I've never understood how someone could judge a goat without touching the goat and seeing it walk.
I know. I could go on and on and on about this.

I won't say anything though... to much politics in it all.....

Those with good cameras.........

Politics…........

I've said too much :duc

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don't get the virtual show thing... But I do have registered minis. I do not have any interest in showing, but I like having records of their lineage. But a non-registered, amazing goat, I would take too!

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don't get the virtual show thing... But I do have registered minis. I do not have any interest in showing, but I like having records of their lineage. But a non-registered, amazing goat, I would take too!
Non all unregistered goats are without traceable lineage. We have traceable lineage on ours. Of course we also use registered bucks over grade or unregistered does too.

I think the virtual show allows people to show without having to travel and keep bio-security. I thought it was a good idea at first but now I think maybe at least a video would be better than still shots. Video at least shows movement of animal and real width and depth.

LOL it's like when people take a pic and say look at that width when they took the goats legs and spread them 2 ft apart.:lol:
LOL like this... Tiffany is reaching through the fence her legs all spread out... maybe I should say "look at that width" :lol::lol::lol:
043.JPG
044.JPG
046.JPG

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
That 50/50 buckling is adorable. We decided that we are working ourselves to death or I would be calling you about that one.