Goat Whisperer's & SBC's kidding thread: kidding storm

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sure we do

Having at least 5-7 of your blade you use and spraying as well as interchanging the blade will ensure you never have a burn.
(Grooming habits never die- lol)

I have 3-4 40 blades probably 4-5 10 and 15 blades and several 7's.... I need more 7's and 8 1/2's.
and mostly 1 of all the other blades. I don't need alot with just doing goats but always nice to have extras.

I need new points/plugs on my clippers.. I had to use GW's and I don't like hers.

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
The syringe milker you have is really horrible on the teats, especially standard goats. It causes bruising and is really painful for them... this may be part of the dancing, :hide
I wasn't aware of that. Before I started using this pump system, I didn't see anything online saying it hurt the goat. I Will have to do some research on that. I certainly don't want to hurt my girls!

Keeping in mind that money is tight, is there a reasonably priced milker, that you recommend?

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
Having at least 5-7 of your blade you use and spraying as well as interchanging the blade will ensure you never have a burn.
(Grooming habits never die- lol)

I have 3-4 40 blades probably 4-5 10 and 15 blades and several 7's.... I need more 7's and 8 1/2's.
and mostly 1 of all the other blades. I don't need alot with just doing goats but always nice to have extras.

I need new points/plugs on my clippers.. I had to use GW's and I don't like hers.
We have 3 clippers and at least 20 blades
The white bucks skin still gets irritated their hair is so corse
We've clipped 28!goats this week

Last edited:

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
I wasn't aware of that. Before I started using this pump system, I didn't see anything online saying it hurt the goat. I Will have to do some research on that. I certainly don't want to hurt my girls!

Keeping in mind that money is tight, is there a reasonably priced milker, that you recommend?
I'll have to go back on your journal and look at the set up... you may be able to buy tubing and real inflations and use it with your system. I know some do use the syringe type and say they haven't had problems but we have tried 3 different systems with those syringes... no way. Not on my girls. Most everyone we know had the same issues. (What page is your milker on in your journal?)

I don't think "reasonably priced" and "electric milker" go together... :duc:lol::lol:
We were really blessed. We bought one with a 7 gallon bucket. Then we were at our vets office and got to talking and one of the staff members gifted us a milk machine... no bucket but a great machine!.This is a Hoeggars one. We use the bucket from the other and the pulsator. We ordered all new milk line thingy majigs :D (tubing, inflations, claw). We basically have a machine and a back up!
I cannot even tell you how blessed I am to have them. The other machine needs some work before it is usable but we will get there.
My hands are severely arthritic so hand milking is not an option at all for me. The fingers and hands "lock" up. The most I can do is strip a goat and even then I stink at it because of the "locking up".
So painful. You should see when I do hooves.... agony. One reaso I try real hard to keep up so that it is easier on my hands.

We have 3 clippers and at least 20 blades
The white bucks skin still gets irritated their hair is so corse
We've clipped 28!goats this week
Gosh that is crazy! :confused::confused::confused:
I ended up doing 8 today and my back is killing me! I am so sore!
Olaf is 150 lbs that turned into 1000 lbs when he didn't like something!
I just did the bet I could.... they wll have to be good enough.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
This one was perfectly still as long as she had food! :lol: That's a Nigie!
032.JPG

Lemon not cooperating.
034.JPG

Lemon- wants the leaves and to be left alone! :lol:
037.JPG

Peanut (Red Hot) also NOT cooperating... just wants the leaves! :rolleyes:
042.JPG

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Forgot to post this the other day... Always forgetting to get Ruth's udder pics. Gw remembers AFTER Ruth is milked in the morning ... so the other day we were determined to get a pic before evening milking! A little earlier than when we milk but here she was at 6pm- we usually milk at 9.

Wings & Caprines Ruth - Copy.JPG

I keep looking for pictures of Olaf... You know, the buck with good looking ears! :plbb
I'll find some. :)

Latest posts