Goat Whisperer's & SBC's kidding thread: kidding storm

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Great looking goats!!
I think those are the first pictures I have seen where you are NOT wearing your boots! I did not know you even owned another pair of shoes. o_O
Sometimes I surprise myself too! haha
I do, very occasionally, wear something other than Much boots- generally my Ariat boots ;) I live in my Mucks.

Thanks everyone for the compliments. I just love my goats :love

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Clipped our very first BABY goat! I think she looks adorable!
I have a few touch ups especially around the neck and I need to do the face but she was tired and she is a lil baby! :D

Wings & Caprines Brown Eyed Girl (1).JPG

Wings & Caprines Brown Eyed Girl (2).JPG

She said I'M done!
Wings & Caprines Brown Eyed Girl (3).JPG

nstone630

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Sometimes I surprise myself too! haha
I do, very occasionally, wear something other than Much boots- generally my Ariat boots ;) I live in my Mucks.

Thanks everyone for the compliments. I just love my goats :love

HAHA...I'm about the same way, Muck, Ariat or flip flops :lol: But I've found with flip flops my big Boers are less forgiving if toes get stepped on :confused: So I stick to my boots most times.

I love how you guys have clipped the kid. Did you do this yourselves? If so how? My doeling is still so fuzzy with what seems winter coat. Shedding EVERYWHERE and my allergies do not approve.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Every time I get bogs my feet grow and then there too small...UGH! But I did order a pair yesterday so hopefully that fit for a while (got them a size bigger).

@nstone630 I learned not to wear flip flops in the field when my 1100pound horse stepped on my foot!

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Like SBC said, different blade lengths etc.
That little doe pictured is being clipped for a show (memorial day weekend in Rocky Mount)
Going to take 12 goats :D

Anyway...

No more freedom goats!!!!

Our kiko kids like to range. We don't have the temporary, movable fences up to rotate them though the wood as of right now. I had a small creep area for them to hang out in, but they quickly took advantage and stated escaping (figured they would) and would go around and "range" through the woods, come to the hay area, and munch on some goodies as they pleased. The never wandered far and would only come out in the evening. Then they would find a good spot and snooze.

Beings goats, they had to abuse that too :lol:

They started getting out whenever they wanted and started to wander farther and farther.
THEN the brats stated getting out in the morning. They pooped all over my alfalfa and helped themselves to some grain :rolleyes: And then they started meandering towards the neighbors..

I knew the time was coming.....

Yesterday was the final straw.
So I have fixed where they are escaping from.
No more freedom goats hanging out and looking adorable :lol:/:hit

These are some older pics of our "freedom" goats (kiko kids)
They are good boys and (most of the time) came when asked to.

021.JPG

Chewing cud after some good eating ;)
011.JPG

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Darn freedom goats found a way through the fence! They've only gotten out once, but have stayed put since.

Got all the nigie doeling tattooed! They weren't pleased, but now everyone has green heads.

I know so many people hate tattooing- more so than disbudding. :idunno I would much rather tattoo! I don't like it but IMO its better than disbudding!

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
I hate tattooing. I'll take disbudding anytime!

Although, tail web tattooing is not as bad. I am thinking of going to all tail webs vs ears. Just not center tail- that is impossible!