Goat Whisperer's & SBC's kidding thread: kidding storm

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
CarolinaGirl kidded! She kidded a little early (Day 142), she kidded the same day we had the solar eclipse! It was an ongoing joke between SBC & I, I had (jokingly) said that the eclipse might cause CarolinaGirl to kid early. Sure enough the morning of I noticed she was acting a little odd and her udder had grown. Kept an eye on her but she still had her ligs and no discharge. We put her up in a stall around 10pm after the evening chores were finished. I watched "goat TV" for a bit and it looked like CarolinaGirl was starting to have contractions. She still had her ligs when I felt at 10PM but they were getting softer....
She started having some harder contractions and we realized she was actually kidding (we all know how they love to fake us out). At 10:45pm she had twin DOES! We have eclipse kids! :celebrate:weee
The first doe was ready for the world and was active from the start. The second doe is a little slower and was quite "ready" but is doing okay. I was up with the second doe through the night, she seemed to be having a hard time regulating her body temperature. I'm still keeping an eye on her but she should be good to go. Very pleased with CarolinaGirl, she is a yearling FF and kidded with ease. Gotta love those wide rumps!

Meet Wings & Caprines TTL Eclipse (black doe) and Wings & Caprines SE Totality (red doe).

Pic overload!
Wings & Caprines CarolinaGirl -kids (1).JPG
Wings & Caprines CarolinaGirl -kids (1).JPG
Wings & Caprines CarolinaGirl -kids (3).JPG
Wings & Caprines CarolinaGirl -kids (4).JPG
Wings & Caprines CarolinaGirl -kids (5).JPG
Wings & Caprines CarolinaGirl -kids (6).JPG
Wings & Caprines CarolinaGirl -kids (7).JPG
Wings & Caprines CarolinaGirl -kids (8).JPG
Wings & Caprines CarolinaGirl -kids (9).JPG
Wings & Caprines CarolinaGirl -kids (11).JPG

Wings & Caprines CarolinaGirl -kids (10).JPG