Goat Whisperer's & SBC's kidding thread: kidding storm

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I REALLY like that boy. :)

We are going to have about a 3 month lambing season this time since I held some of the younger ones back because of size. They all seem to be carrying now and should start in late February going through March for the main group. The last two I put in with the ram should lamb in April. With the way this cold weather is going I'm glad I didn't get them bred in August like I originally planned. Thank you fence.

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Getting closer to kidding time! :weee

Yesterday, I went ahead and vaccinated the first 10 does.

Today I spent most of the day mucking the kidding building, we were using half the building for some of the bucks so it was started to smell a bit. Finally kicked those bucks out to the back field (needed to build a better hay feeder first- that’s now done). Glad to have that done! Started working on getting all the old cobwebs down, will finish that up and then take the pressure washer to it. Hopefully I’ll get to that tomorrow.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cobwebs! You can never get rid of them! A lot of people don't realize cobwebs are highly flammable and can burn your barn down. but if you cut yourself badly and are bleeding, lay a cobweb over it and the bleeding will stop.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
A lot of people don't realize cobwebs are highly flammable and can burn your barn down.
I did not know that! Thanks for telling me! Now I have some ammo :D =D:D =D:D =D I hate cobwebs in a barn- HATE them. Most of the time I get the snicker and the eyeroll.... you know the look that says, "it's a barn- there are cobwebs- get over it"...

:weee:weee:weee oh yeah, now I can say "HEY THAT"S HOW BARNS BURN DOWN!" :lol::lol::lol:

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Excuse the mess.... it is actually grit underneath but still wet and nasty from the snow and the thunderstorms we had the other night. Doesn't help that the grass is dormant- everything looks so dead.

Leah 3 weeks to go. She is the first goat in the kidding line up.

She grew her baby belly fast and I was worried we may have 4 or 5 again.... but then lately she looks like trips.... then you see this and go :barnie
She was posing, she said she was trying different poses to see if it made her look thinner. :D
064.JPG

065.JPG

Do I look thinner? :oops:
067.JPG