Goat Whisperer's & SBC's kidding thread: kidding storm

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Looks like it won't be too bad after all. We should hover around 9 degrees tonight but will not break above the freezing point tomorrow. High of 28.
That is very dang cold!
Later in the week we will hit 60's average in the 50's day freezing at night.

I cannot imagine what Floridians are doing! You guys must be miserable!

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's wet here but warm, hence the name of this type of storm...pineapple express...straight from Hawaii. It was 31° yesterday for a high and 58°today. One reason that there is so much flooding is that we had a really cold storm just last week so a lot of snow in the mountains and now with the warm rain the snow is melting. It is supposed to melt in April, not January. Add melting snow to a lot of rain and you get floods.

nstone630

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Everyone make it through the 0 degree night here in NC???
My goats were cold, but fine. And...no show baby.

nstone630

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Everyone good here. We brought the rabbits and a few chickens in.
Dogs are LOVING it!
Goats... pouting.

Yea, our normal outside dog was spoiled here. Everything else made it outside. If I told DH i was bringing a chicken in he'd probably pack his things :lol: Not really, he has dealt with me having chicks in the house when we used to incubate. Or when I happen to go to tractor supply in early spring and they force me to take at least 6 chicks home with me. Mind you, I said force! :lol:

Our yard is going to be quite the muddy mess here, but hopefully this weekend it will dry out with the warmer temps. I was glad to see that we had no issue with water running through the stall for our doe. nice and dry up in there for her. They did not appreciate the snow or below freezing temps. I hated seeing them shivering. But, bringing a goat inside would have been even more interesting then telling DH about a chicken. :lol:

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Jane was bred to Tai this morning! So very excited about lamancha babies! :celebrate
Really looking forward to this! She will be due June 11th!
Screenshot (2).png

Latest posts