Goat Whisperer's & SBC's kidding thread: kidding storm

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
@nstone630 , you were asking about the the goats with no ears :D
They are lamanchas and Miniature Lamanchas.
Thought I'd post here so that I'm not hijacking @lalabugs thread.

These are standard lamanchas. Sadly, we lost the doe on the right to a shattered femur. It was un-fixable and we didn't feel she would have quality of life had we decided to amputate, let alone make it through kidding. We lost her and her unborn kids :hit
11951675_1156610501020753_6223269710623287322_o.jpg

This is Jane, she is a 2016 kid and is the doe we bred today.
Wingin' it Farms Home of Wings & Caprines Lamancha doe 5 months- Jane 056.JPG

Her sister, Charlotte and Raina in the bottom corner. They love having their pic taken.
Wingin' it Farms Home of Wings & Caprines Lamancha doe 5 months- Jane 036.JPG
002.PNG

Millie, our grade doe. The lamancha that "started it all" :)
Millie head.JPG

Millie.JPG

Mariah, dam to Jane & Charlotte.
Wingin' it Farms Newest Addition Candlelight JRMY Mariah (3).JPG

These are the Mini lamanchas. They are created by crossing a Nigerian Dwarf buck over Lamanchas.
Trouble
Aug 28,2016 026.JPG

Gordy
Wingin' it Farms Home of Wings & Caprines Miniature Lamancha f-1 Chami (3).JPG

My Nigerians will always have a special place in my heart, but these lamanchas are the sweetest goats ever. They love their humans and are very chill. Jane, Charlotte, Raina, & Zephyr (couldn't fine a pic of her) have something about them that is just so calming.
They will actually hug you. Sounds crazy, but they will walk up to you and wrap their whole neck around yours. They will also give you their hoof, just like a dog will give you its paw. Its the funniest thing. They really think they are dogs!

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Those are a very Nice group...and they sound Amazing!! I'm still trying to get used to the no ears, tho. :hide May be one day that will change, they are Beautiful! Thanks for sharing those. :):thumbsup

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
I would do minis because we hand milk so there teats are to small for my hands and my dad's.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
I would do minis because we hand milk so there teats are to small for my hands and my dad's.

Each goat is different. Troubles teats are not very long yet Princess (a doe we sold out of Star's triplets) has longer plumper teats.

Teats- placement, size are something we try to focus on.

We have Nigies that have bigger, longer, plumper teats than one of our Lamancha Standard does.

Some standard breeders don't care about length of teats because the goats are on milk machine and milk test- as long as they produce they don't care.

Latest posts