Goat Whisperer's & SBC's kidding thread: kidding storm

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Trouble is up next! I'm so excited to get her back on the milking string! Just love this doe. Love milking her :love and love her milk :drool

For those that don't remember, Trouble is our mini mancha who is bred to Chami for F-2 mini manchas.

She has several dates. We were thing she's due on 4/15. Today I had her on the stand to give her CDT (a bit late but oh well :hide ) and I was feeling her udder/teats. I do this to make sure she is filling evenly and make sure doesn't have and lumps in the udder that could indicate a problem. When I was doing this out squirted colostrum! I can also wrap my fingers around her tail head too. Now I'm thinking she is due 4/9. Day 145 would be 4/4. Her udder is getting big too, but not "Trouble big" so I know she has some time.

The girls are milking well and settling in nicely. The babies are eating great and are now down to 3x a day feedings :celebrate

Mariah (lamancha) is milking about a gallon now and Leah (dwarf) a half gallon. Bingo is milking really well for a FF yearling. Need to actually measure it though.

All babies have been disbudded, going to have to start giving CDT shots soon. The older kids are now nibbling on feed and hay.

Ruby is now showing her baby bump as well. :weee

A pice before Feeding time!
IMG_3770.JPG

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is Wings & Caprines Lemon Chiffon :)
almost 3 weeks old

View attachment 29227

What a beautiful little goat!!! :love

So I will probably retain this guy! His name is Monopoly he is out of Bingo & Chami
F-2 50/50 Registered Mini Lamancha
:weee:weee:weee
Gopher ears - I feel like I hit the jackpot! :) Hard to get gopher ears on a 2nd gen 50/50 ... not sure how I like the blue eyes though.
Love him :love even if he was all over the place while trying to get pics! these were the only semi decent photos out of about 20! :pView attachment 29216

View attachment 29213

View attachment 29214

View attachment 29215
Oh my GOSH!!! What a gorgeous little boy! I'm in love with the blue eyes!!! :love

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Lucy…
She was a doll last year when I bottle raised all her kids (I became her "kid").

This year she has two of her kids on her.

Milking goes like this-
IMG_3882.JPG

IMG_3883.JPG

*** that is hay on her back, not dandruff.

Crazy goat! :lol:

All the does that didn't raise their kids have been fantastic. Tiny little Zephyr is giving a gallon of milk/day :ep

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
ummmm how do you milk her in that position? put milk cups on her teats beneath the grate? That has to be a hassle...

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ahhhh, that brings back memories, lol. I had one that would do that every time - I put an upside down bucket under her belly that held her up whether she wanted to be up or not. She finally learned...
GOATS! :idunno

BlessedWithGoats

Herd Master
Reaction score
GW, I can relate! I had one last year that would not stand up straight for milking. Oh how she frustrated me! She was a FF though, and I didn't bottle raise her kid. I lost her though, this winter :(

Green Acres Farm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
At least she gets on the stand- the last two days my Saanen doe has decided she will NOT get on the milkstand even though she's done it forever. :smack