Goat Whisperer's & SBC's kidding thread: kidding storm

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
Seriously Raina likes to dance... I call her the clogger girl but last night it came to me... NO- she is like one of those horse that dance in dressage ( sorry I am not a horse person but I think that is what it is...) I googled these pics because this is what she does. Raina is a nut and our most comical goat! She is always doing something to make you laugh when she isn't being a diva.
Our girls both prance on the milk stand. Fairly early on, we started tying 1/2" ropes on their back legs, and anchor them to the milk stand. However, it isn't perfect and they can still move their back legs enough to be obnoxious, if they want to be.

They seem to do it most when they have emptied their feed bucket. They seem to have figured out if they prance around, DH will come and bring more food.

Ruby doesn't like when I first put the pump on her teat. So, she starts her little dance, which makes the syringe come off before I can start the pump. A while back, I firgured out, if I hold on to her leg above the hock, and put slight pressure on the tendon, on the upper leg, she can't/won't jerk her leg around. The problem is, sometimes I need three,hands to hold the syringe, her leg AND push the button on the pump, until the suction make the teat fill the syringe. :th

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Raina isn't doing this on the stand... it is her way of walking!
I don't even want to think of how she will be next year as a ff.

The syringe milker you have is really horrible on the teats, especially standard goats. It causes bruising and is really painful for them... this may be part of the dancing, :hide

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
All of ours are clipped now
Bucks have all had a bath
Does are pretty nasty due to the sun screen

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
All of ours are clipped now
Bucks have all had a bath
Does are pretty nasty due to the sun screen
Just finished! Actually I have a few heads to do... they are being terrible LOL
Olaf (Nubian) was so good a few weeks ago- Not this time!

I am so tired I just want to go to sleep!

Was really trying to egt a good pic of Isaac for you... I will upload and see how they came out. I have a feeling they didn't :rolleyes:

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have often wondered how much/little trouble they could be when grooming. Now I know. :)
Usually they are very good and enjoy it... especially the baths! The heads- Nope at least mine don't - they act like you are killing them... and sometimes you want to. :hide
I really think it is from all the rain and being cooped up for days.
We are taking different goats to the next show so round two will be next week!
It is sopping wet out there and our boots go squish but after so much rain and stuck inside the girls seemed happy to just be outside!
Mine do not eat well cooped up in a barn so they were so happy to be out. I have no idea why they all wanted to be in the little field. :hu
027.JPG

Any with white on them
A couple of bucks are "clip burned "
Red skin from being clippers

Aren't you spraying them to keep the blades cool?