Goat Whisperer's & SBC's kidding thread: kidding storm

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Flu has hit another family member... ugh.
Of course baby goats make it a little more bearable!

Off my phone... and bad light but still cute I think! :)

This J-4 & J-3
Wings & Caprines Lucy kids boys 3 days old.JPG

J-3
Wings & Caprines Lucy Kid J-3 3 days old (1).JPG

J-3
Wings & Caprines Lucy Kid J-3 3 days old (2).JPG

J-3
Wings & Caprines Lucy Kid J-3 3 days old (3).JPG

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have one elderberry vine. Maybe I will get some this year; this is its second season so not holding my breath.

Alibo

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
We rarely get sick but I can't wait to make the elderberry syrup!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I go to the doctor maybe once every 4 years. I self medicate with Apple Cider Vinegar and Honey, mixed half and half, it cures practically everything--even food poisoning! And now, thanks to @Devonviolet and her elderberry syrup, I'll probably never get sick! LOL

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
I got the kidding pens mucked, swept, and mopped today. Ready for the next round :)

Today is day 145 for MoClone (Kiko) and tomorrow is day 145 for Millie & Zephyr (lamanchas). :celebrate

MoClone didn't kid last year (we just never bred her- not any real reason) so I'm happy to have some Kiko babies this year. I'm thinking triplets from her, but could be twins. Her udder looks great, her sire improved udders for sure!

Millie has been hanging in there with the toxemia, I'm glad we didn't have to induce. We are going to really need to watch her, she is a very heavy milker and that could cause some issues.

Zephyr isn't all that big, I'm thinking another single. Twins would surprise me at this point. We will see, think pink on this one! :fl

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cannot believe GW didn't put up Bingo! ;)
Bingo has another week or so to go. Both GW and I are really excited about this kidding!
Bingo has very high production behind her and the sire is one we bred and is out of Star...
These will be f-2's. If we get a chance we will try to show both sire and dam and offspring.
So far we have 1buck reservation available off her.

I love everything about our buck! We were really blessed with how that breeding worked out, all 3 kids are remarkable.
Bingo is a beautiful f-1 just a little higher in the rump than I want but her udder is dreamy!

Bingo as a baby!
Wings & Caprines Mini Mancha Bingo (6).JPG

Bingo NOW! LOL just over a week to go or so... Wings & Caprines Bingo ismynameO
Wingin' it Farms Home of Wings & Caprines Mini Lamancha Bingo 11 months FF udder due  March (1).JPG

Look how cute this udder is! It is buttery soft too! :D
Wingin' it Farms Home of Wings & Caprines Mini Lamancha Bingo 11 months FF udder due  March (2).JPG

She is uncomfortable
Wingin' it Farms Home of Wings & Caprines Mini Lamancha Bingo 11 months FF udder due  March (3).JPG

Kids are affecting her right leg- poor thing :(
Wingin' it Farms Home of Wings & Caprines Mini Lamancha Bingo 11 months FF udder due  March (4).JPG

The sire! :D =D Wings & Caprines Chami Love his width!
Wingin' it Farms Home of Wings & Caprines Miniature Lamancha f-1 Chami (1) - Copy.JPG

Love his topline and his length! Very lovely dairy characteristics!
Wingin' it Farms Home of Wings & Caprines Miniature Lamancha f-1 Chami (3) - Copy.JPG

Can you tell how much I love this boy?:love:love:love
Wingin' it Farms Home of Wings & Caprines Miniature Lamancha f-1 Chami (4).JPG

Latest posts