Goat with Swollen, Bumpy Nose - What's wrong?

CassyKay

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Here's how she looks today. We were using gloves to handle her for this picture and give her some probiotics. We're being careful not to touch her nose or let her rub on us. It's looking very scabby and you can see at the very top she rubbed a scab off today. She's looking great everywhere else, eating fine, etc.

IMG_5722 2.jpg

Wild Bug Ranch

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
We are treating it as if she has ORF at this point, until we get a diagnosis from our vet. She has us sending in more details and pictures while she does some research for us.
Considering that ORF is viral, the antibiotics would be used to prevent or treat a secondary bacterial infection in the skin which is a common practice. I will update when we hear back from her.
Ok, perfect! I wish you guys the best of luck! Hoping it isn't ORF and possibly something else

CassyKay

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Today it seems that she has rubbed almost all the scabs off. The skin underneath is all pink. Haven't heard back from our vet yet so we're continuing to be careful handling her and taking pictures to document the changes.

Wild Bug Ranch

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Today it seems that she has rubbed almost all the scabs off. The skin underneath is all pink. Haven't heard back from our vet yet so we're continuing to be careful handling her and taking pictures to document the changes.
do you know where she possibly could be rubbing it off at? I don't know how to have her stop doing that as she may continue doing that. I would say try and cover it? I don't know how that would be possible tho lol:idunno but let us see what the vet has said!

Latest posts