Goat wormer?

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
I would suggest calling your local vet to find out what the dosage is. It is usually best to stay local when figuring out what dewormer and dosage is best for your goats.

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
I would treat for hooks with Strongid or Panacur...3x 10 days apart, then recheck your fecal. Good catch.

Mini-M Ranch

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Roll farms said:
This may come across as harsh,

Again, I don't mean to offend or preach.
Roll farms,

You gave some great info in your post. The links were great.

But...errr... :smack Chillax a little, would ya? ;)

:hide

cmjust0

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
jettesunn05 said:
What is a good broad spectrum wormer and where can I get it?
That would be a really good question to ask someone at your local goat association's next meeting.. ;) If you're new to goats, might be worth joining up.

Having web forums where you can ask questions and get quick responses is great, but being able to pick up the telephone to call the most experienced herdspeople in your area is priceless. :D

Just a thought. :idunno

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
I'll ...er...."chillax" when people stop expecting easy answers at their animals' expense.

I'm sorry, I've seen / heard of too many goats die due to worm overloads from their owners taking bad advice, using the wrong dewormers, or just plain not wanting to spend the money or learn what they needed to.

When I made my original post a while back, there had been several people asking "what wormer should I use" and I found it very frustrating.

S'cuse me for my "tone"...but if it gets the attention of folks who want to learn, then it worked.
I'm more concerned with goats getting the right treatment than I am with hurting someone's feelers.
:he

jettesunn05

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
mully said:
If interested visit this site as it is goat specific and if you want to do your own fecal exam this is a good place to start plus they have other information of value. http://fiascofarm.com/goats/fecals.htm
I have learned alot from this website! And I have done other research at other places! But this seems to be good info. Thanks

jettesunn05

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
We ended up using Safequard, but checked their eyes first. When I first posted this we thought our goats were dying from worms. Well we were wrong. We found out when I took my dog to the vet(long story short) ended up putting him to sleep. Come to find out someone had been posioning our animals! It has seemed to stop for now, my boyfriend later informed me that the area is notorious for DA"s shooting and posioning animals! He ended up buying some more goats and are doing well so far! The next door neighbors dog was also posioned.