Goatgurl - life goes on at someday farm

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
The eggs are easier to catch ;)

Thankfully (and to my knowledge) I've not lost any eggs to snakes.
We have. But, fortunately, we were getting so many eggs, at that time, we hardly noticed the loss.

One evening, DH was checking nest boxes, collecting eggs. He reached into one box, and it had not one, but TWO King snakes!!! :ep Talk about heart failure!!! :thThat night, we were about 6 eggs short.

I always look in each box when I am collecting eggs. You better believe DH is doing that NOW! :lol:

Last edited:

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Did you look for those six eggs inside the 2 snakes?

I can only imagine what I would do if I found 2 big snakes in a nest box.

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
WHAT THE FLOCK???? i'm gone for a few days and come back to find the pasture covered in poultry. we certainly have gotten a huge influx of feathered friends. instead of trying to welcome you all one by one i'll just say a great big WELCOME TO BACK YARD HERDS YOUALL!! I was going to say make yourselves at home but I can see you already have. please stay if you want to or we'll see you later if you go back home when they are up and running. good to have you here, kinda, ok youall are just a little scary in mass. but we'll survive and get use to you being here. again, welcome.
things have been going ok around here, i'm behind on everything but oh well. lambs and kids are growing like weeds. new baby ducks abound, chicks are big enough to let out with mama now so they are all happy. new lamb pictures for ya. these are from the same ram and one of the ewes I gave dstr#1 so she is giving me one back. light spotted is carmalita lamb-a-lot. she stays as I'm going to cull an older ewe when her babies are weaned. carmie's brother will be dinner for some lucky folks. are they cute or what
IMG_1771.JPG

dstr#1 and I went walk about the other or actually drive about, over the little mountain behind my house it was a beautiful day, sun was shining and a light breeze was blowing. we found scores and scores of wild blackberries, huckleberries, wild plums and muscadines. if ya don't think we'll keep an eye on they for ripening you'd be wrong. can't wait. if I can just get enough plums for a batch of jelly i'd be happy but i'd really like to have tons of blackberries cause I love me some blackberry cobbler.
IMG_1862.JPG
IMG_1853.JPG

all of you old pbs fans will probably understand when I say that bob ross has finally painted his happy little trees all the way up the mountain. I used to love to watch him paint. every spring and fall he starts on the mountains around me. in the spring he paints with shades of green from bottom to top and the fall he starts with reds, oranges and rust from the top down. i gotta say, I love where I live.
@Latestarter the girls are looking. and cc is a doll. and no polled parents or grandparents so she is gonna have horns. just takes a while for doelings to sprout.
@CntryBoy777 your place is looking great but dang you, @Bruce and @MikeCHS are making me tired with all youall's fence building and stuff fixin'. bruce i caught a black snake by hand the other day and carried him away from the chicken house where i have 2 ducks and a hen sitting. now i'm not the tallest thing in the world but i lifted him up as tall as my 4'9" frame could and there was still a couple of feet dragging the ground. he was mad at me. gave him 3 swirls and a fling over the fence toward an old barn, hopefully he stays there.
@FergusonK i m so sorry for the loss of your goat girls. give yourself a really big hug from me. i know things like this are never easy so grieve as you must and keep going.:hugs good luck with move.
@misfitmorgan i'm so sorry about your mom. basically all you can do is pray and be there for her. you are both in my prayers. i lost my dad to lung cancer and the journey is never easy. :hugs
@samssimonsays lets just ask ourselves could there be a cuter little bubble mouthed baby than your new baby. :love congrats.
@OneFineAcre your girls look wonderful as usual and those steers look mighty tasty.
@Goat Whisperer your babies all look great too. you are sure doing something right. can't wait to see how you do at the shows this year.
@Southern by choice i'm so glad you are doing better. i miss you. please take care of yourself and i happen to know where you might be able to find a chocolate LM. huumm
@Baymule i'm sure glad you didn't get blown away the other day. i had a cell tower to the west of me get blown down last year and it made my phone life miserable for months. the sheeple are looking good. how are the ducks doing? getting any eggs? so glad dh's shoulder is doing so much better.
@Devonviolet the girls look like happy campers and the babies are growing so well. are your duck eggs anywhere near hatching? hope the garden is going well.
asking for prayers for dstr#3. she has been in the hospital for several days. really high temps, mental confusion and dehydration. she has a roaring uti and they are also treating her for viral meningitis. she has been a sick puppy. this is a different sister then the one in before. not only is it hard when you get old but it also is hard to watch all your siblings get old too.
youall be blessed. i'm going to try to stick around for a few days and catch up on everyone.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
all of you old pbs fans will probably understand when I say that bob ross has finally painted his happy little trees all the way up the mountain. I used to love to watch him paint. every spring and fall he starts on the mountains around me. in the spring he paints with shades of green from bottom to top and the fall he starts with reds, oranges and rust from the top down. i gotta say, I love where I live.

Oh my goodness! We have been watching all the old Bob Ross videos! I remember Bob Ross and was always amazed... so it is really funny that the family wanted to watch them!
Happy little trees! :lol: Yep and he would always add just ONE MORE! :gig ...and then one more...

The pics are beautiful! I could live there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
come on kiddo. i happen to know where there are 60 acres for sale in the valley i live in. unfortunately it is unimproved. has hay meadows and trees.. but you are always welcome. and its not far from a chocolate lamancha or two

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
I got so caught up in the Bob Ross moment I didn't even mention the lambs!!!!!!!!!! :p

Wow! Just love how much color you are getting.
I know "color means nothing" and ya don't breed for color and all that blah blah blah but dang if you can have some eye candy while it's with ya why not! :D =D

Showed DH the pics... first thought when he saw unimproved was "flood plain".... "can we get up out of the valley?"

So beautiful!

Something is weird... everytime (or most of the time lately) when I go to post on your thread the site freezes up. :idunno so I never get to post. But I read! :)
So happy to see you beautiful girls are in great homes. One day I will have my chocolate LM again!

samssimonsays

Milo & Me Hoppy Tail Acres
Reaction score
somewhere in the Northern region of Minnesota
lets just ask ourselves could there be a cuter little bubble mouthed baby than your new baby. :love congrats.
Lol thank you so much. There is not much cutter ham she. And her melting into me in the hammock was by far the most awesome feeling I have had. Maybe it's the baby fever but oh my gosh. She has made my heart whole again for the first time in a long time. Instant connection and she's been so great. Glad to see you back!