Goatgurl - life goes on at someday farm

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
all right @Baymule that is just TMI. makes my mouth sweat thinking about it. wondering about the thunder shirts for dogs made me think of those Velcro abdominal braces. if you wrapped that around their chest tight enough to give them a hug would that help ya think? I saw a couple of them in a thrift shop a couple of weeks ago. going to have to check that out.

goats&moregoats

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
:eek: Just stinking gross! lol That is the one thing dogs do that turns my stomach every time I happen to witness it.:sick

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
:weeethat boys and girls is my happy dance because I got my winters hay for the goats and sheep in the barn yesterday. $4.00 a bale for mixed grass/lespedeza that looks and smells great. 60-70# bales. goats, sheep and rabbits love it. feels so good to have that in and ready for cold weather. the man I got the hay from had of clutch of turkeys and wanted to know if I had a broodie chicken, well... no but I do happen to have a broodie duck hen that just decided she wanted to set about a week ago so she is now sitting on 15 turkey eggs and dstr#1's broodie chicken is setting on the duck eggs. this will be interesting, I have never raised turkeys before so will have to come to youall for assistance.
and to let you know that I truly am certifiable look what else I did. IMG_1289.JPG because one never really has enough chickens right? I got a couple of easter egger pullets this spring and they have started gifting me with the prettiest blue eggs. makes me smileIMG_1262.JPG

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
WOW, My Ameraucana's never gave me eggs that were that intense! That is amazing!

Btw, I'm so jealous about your turkey poults! I would love to raise some turkeys, but DH thinks we have enough in our plates right now. Oh well, I guess I can't complain . . . He did let me get 11 Khaki Campbell ducklings. :weee

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I want to raise turkeys too but I worry about Blackhead. I can't find much information about the frequency of it in my area and I need to find out who to ask before I make the jump. I can't keep them away from my chickens but I also don't want to raise them just to let them die from Blackhead.

That egg is gorgeous, looks like a big Robin egg.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well as Mom would say.....ya never Know til ya Try.....hope they Hatch and do well for ya along with the ducks, too. That sure is a nice looking egg....:)