Goatgurl - life goes on at someday farm

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
seems like I've been gone forever and its going to take me forever to get caught up on everyone. on feb. 14th sil ran over the internet satellite cable that runs from the pole outside into ds3's house and killed my wifi connection and every time they are due to be out to fix things it either rains or snows. no internet for two weeks. didn't realize how much i would miss it when it was gone but man, i do. its still not fixed but i am at ds1's house using hers and just had to drop in on you guys and say hi.... hi. they are suppose to be here Wednesday if it doesn't rain but the weather forecast is for rain and or snow for the next 3 days. AWWWW!! but i will try to get back over here every few days and make sure youall are still going strong. @Baymule are you all moved in and settled in yet and are you ready for your goat yet? @Southern by choice do we know who the baby daddy is yet? @Devonviolet are you all unpacked and have you picked up your puppies? take care youall and i'll check back when i can.

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
seems like I've been gone forever and its going to take me forever to get caught up on everyone. on feb. 14th sil ran over the internet satellite cable that runs from the pole outside into ds3's house and killed my wifi connection and every time they are due to be out to fix things it either rains or snows. no internet for two weeks. didn't realize how much i would miss it when it was gone but man, i do. its still not fixed but i am at ds1's house using hers and just had to drop in on you guys and say hi.... hi. they are suppose to be here Wednesday if it doesn't rain but the weather forecast is for rain and or snow for the next 3 days. AWWWW!! but i will try to get back over here every few days and make sure youall are still going strong. @Baymule are you all moved in and settled in yet and are you ready for your goat yet? @Southern by choice do we know who the baby daddy is yet? @Devonviolet are you all unpacked and have you picked up your puppies? take care youall and i'll check back when i can.
WOW! Goatgurl! That's awful! I was wondering why I haven't seen y'all. But, I am still having to limit my online time, due to limited data, so thought I might have missed you.

Yes, we got our puppies and they are awesome. They are a lot of work. We have been going slow, but are seeing progress. We took them for their first Vet visit, and they did well, once we got them in the office. They didn't like the idea of going in the crates, in the back of the truck, because they remembered the 8-1/2 hour drive to TX from KS. This trip was a lot easier, so they relaxed.

I'll be looking forward to seeing you again, when you get your internet back up and running.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
ROTFLMAO!!! We loaded up February 14, our 19th anniversary. Drove 28' U-Haul, truck with 20' flatbed and my car, loaded to the Max. Unloaded next day. Drove back following day for dogs and chickens in pouring rain. They rode in vehicle with us! NO INTERNET!!! It is terrible! No providers love us, only one or two available and they cost a lot for limited internet. Has been raining, ice storms, snow storms and now here they come again! Gheesh! Hope your internet gets fixed soon! And I hope I can even FIND internet, this stupid smart phone sucks! Haha!

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm back, I'm busy, and yea!!! it's spring. things have kept on going here since the internet died, or was actually killed as it were. for several years i have thought about getting rabbits to add another meat source to the farm but just hadn't gotten around to it and one afternoon ds#3 called me to let me know that a lady she worked with had some mixed breed rabbits she wanted to give away, she had 4 does and two bucks and included the hutches, water bottles, feeders and hay rack. i brought 2 does and a buck to my house and ds#5 took the others to her house. since they were all together for transport i guess bunny magic occurred and 30 days to the day i had 14 more rabbits. no one warned me how cute baby bunnies are or that they pop around in the nest like little jumping beans. i may end up with a million or so rabbits before this experiment is over.
cookie had two ram lambs and lama had a single eweling. they are all growing like weeds. will be selling one of the ram lambs and one of last years ewelings in may when the lamb is weaned. and by the way someone had asked sometime back about eating older rams and i said I'd keep youall posted. last winter after all the ewes were bred and after the ram was out of rut i sent him to freezer camp. he was a 2 1/2 year old kathadtin (sp?) and he is really good eating so i won't hesitate to butcher older rams in the future.
the goats are doing good. pretty aborted a set of twins about 3 weeks before her due date. i had to lock the calf in the goat pen with them and he was pretty bad about butting them and i saw him hit her and send her flying. not 100% positive but am guessing that is what caused it. haven't had a doe abort for over 30 years, very upsetting. will enjoy every bite of thar darn steer. viola had a single doeling who is cute as a bugs ear and doesn't have wattles like her mama, she has earrings, and vi is milking great. spritzer had buck and doe twins, Fiona, a first freshener had buck and doe twins also. milly, another ff had twin bucks and i sold her and the kids. baby bang is due in 10 days and then i'll be done with the goats for this year. that will leave the eggs in the incubator and more bunnies. and the garden. so glad we made it to spring after all the ice, snow and rain we had. it's pretty hard for me to stay in and clean the house when all i want to do is be outside. and i know, i know youall want pictures. i'll get them in a day or two.

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
just so youall know, i hate having an internet that only works when it wants to. i have to admit that it is not all hughes net's fault, there is a sibling or two in the mix but after a several week absence I'm back again. only the good Lord knows for how long. about 3 months ago God, thru a girl my sister worked with, gifted me with three rabbits who in turn gifted me with another 14 baby bunnies one month after they got here. both does kindled in the same pen, in the same nest box and raised the kits together. and they did a wonderful job of co-parenting. now i have 11 bunnies in a grow out cage getting ready for freezer camp. i know i started out with 14 but one was a little runt who didn't make it, one fell out the cage door at 5 weeks of age and was gone before i could catch it and i sold one to the cutest little 8 year old boy named eli who had saved his money to buy a rabbit of his own. he was so darn cute i just wanted to give him a bunny but his dad insisted that he pay for it because his older brothers had paid for theirs and fair is fair. he very solemnly took his wallet out of his back pocket, removed his money and handed it to me. he picked out his bunny and promptly named her sara. i smiled and thanked him, his dad caught sara and they put him in a travel cage for the trip home. i sure hope i did right when his dad and i checked the sex on said rabbit since I've only watched it on youtube etc.
now for a very disturbing picture. youall remember me showing you pictures of gracie, the peepot paper shredder that my daughter gave me for Christmas. she killed a bunny in the house last night! bunny parts every!! i about lost it when i heard a pop and saw he pull its head off. poor bunny!