1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Nice to see some Back Yard Chickens members here. Let's feature one this week. - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Goats eat hay...right??

Discussion in 'Everything Else Goats' started by Genipher, May 25, 2019.

1. Jun 6, 2019
    Jesusfreak101

Jesusfreak101 Loving the herd life

Lol mine won't eat hay if it's browned I get freshly cut hay that is still green they are brats lol. Everyone I talk to that doesn't have goats say they eat everything I tell them that's a fairy tale goats are picky snots lol. Some times when we mow we bring them some of the fresh cutting and they act like we poisooning them but it the exact same thing they eat if we let them out in the yard...o_O:lol:. however when it comes to grains they go crazy even if it's chicken scratch that they aren't allowed t have but have broke into the metal trash cans i keep the grains in.

SA Farm likes this.
  2. Jun 24, 2019
    MiniGoatsRule

MiniGoatsRule Chillin' with the herd

What kind of hay do they eat?

3. Jun 24, 2019
    Jesusfreak101

Jesusfreak101 Loving the herd life

Mine is coastal the feed mill has a very green hay. They love it.