Goats&moregoats: KickinUpDust Farm Journal

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wow!! Ya sure got a whole lot done there....ya sure have a reason to be fatigued, and Earned the coffee. Hope the dr appt goes well for ya and ya find out any cause for the leg issues, but with all that work they have reason to feel that way.....:)

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Had you but picked up said weed whacker you would have done more than I. I do have a semi-excuse in that it's been raining (sometimes buckets full) for the past couple of days and it's a quagmire). The place is coming back around and at the rate you're going it won't be long at all. Best of luck on the grand kids and court.

goats&moregoats

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Today is work around the "farm" day. Thankfully got the new pool pump installed and operating. Now just have to get pool cleaned. However, that will wait until this evening.

I have to get that fence done. Sunday is "d" day for goats. Can't have goats without an operating fence. So that is my goal for today. I may have to just run a fence for part of the pasture for now and open up the other side when work slows down a bit instead of rushing to get everything done. We will see what today brings. Worst part is the weeds are so high and thick...which goats will love...I do not. So now to finish my morning coffee and get busy.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
If your "not clean" pool is anything like mine, go buy a few gallons of shock.

I agree on the fence, get done what NEEDS to be done for the goats to move in, expand after they arrive. Every time I think I can do 'X' I need to do 'Y' and 'Z' first and 'X' doesn't get finished because I run out of time. So I need to learn to do 'x', 'y' and 'z' instead. Still waiting for that to sink in!

Trim/mow a path wide enough for the area you NEED and get fenced in. Doesn't take long for that stuff to grow back and start grounding out the fence and yet another task to keep you overly busy.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
You'll get things accomplished....just don't think about getting it "Goat Ready", but making room for your new "Helpers" that will tend to those things ya don't like....:)
Did the Doc find anything wrong with your leg/legs?

goats&moregoats

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
@CntryBoy777 , I got a referral to an orthopedic doctorr of my choosing:). Dr. Eric Marsh. He did a wonderful job on my arm back in 2012 when I had my accident. I have to wait for a call from his office. In the meantime I have to continue to wear my knee brace.

Pool was shocked the sh$$ out of. Hopefully will find time to vacuum it tomorrow...or be lucky enough to get another adult in the house to work on ito_O.

Thanks to Charlie lawn is mowed except for one small area and weed eating...add that to my to do list. Oh well he did the majority:thumbsup.

Have to finish putting post in on the new fence line and weed eat around the bottom wire on 1/4 of the fence. So I got a lot done today. Put in an 11 hour day:ep getting this stuff done. It will be ready:fl!!

So today I took the weed whip ( I use to call it a whippet, but that is a bad thing now a days) to the path I wanted for the new fence line, then the mower on the lowest setting. Fence post about half way up. Old post removed except for some metal ones, old fencing down(have to pull that) and mowed a piece in front of the pasture gate.

Dinner served on the deck by my other half(Dan is an awesome cook:drool) Dog will be let out shortly, cats let in(hopefully they are all ready) then a flavored beer(Jamaica Me Happy) and some tv:woot.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I hope you don't have nearly as many rocks down your way as I do up here! Makes fencing a whole lot harder.
So, will you be able to wake up AND move in the morning?? ;)

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I use a Stihl weed eater a lot but the manual weed cutter comes in handy in walking around the pastures getting rid of noxious weeds and it's a whole lot quieter.

goats&moregoats

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
So I lost out on the five previous goats mentioned. I tried my hardest to get the fence done, but to no avail. Life got in the way. Job, rain(lots of rain) and the women I care for got sick.
A few days ago it looked like I was going to run into trouble getting the fence complete, so I wrote the seller and asked if I sent more money toward the purchase price of the goats ( 350.00 for 5 , paid a deposit of 150.00) could she hold them for another week. She wrote back and said the only way she could hold them was if I paid an additional 125.00 for the goats( for hay and cost of using a borrowed truck.) I don't believe it cost 125.00 for hay for a week for five goats. So I said I couldn't do that. I would just be there on the arranged date.
Friday I wrote and explained that it was just not going to be possible to pick up the goats as I just did not get the fence done. I offered her to keep 50.00 dollars of the deposit money if she didn't find an immediate buyer. Saturday morning she wrote back and informed me she was keeping the whole deposit because that what a deposit is for is the sale doesn't go through. I will give her that, that is exactly what it is for. Later that day I got an offer from a friend to house the goats until my fence was done. So I called the lady selling the goats and let her know that things worked out on my end and I would pick up the goats at the original time set up. She informed me that she had a buyer for the goats. I said ok, since you have a buyer then you can refund my deposit in full. She then said I told you I have a perspective buyer I will let you know in the am. I said well, I am the original buyer and gave you a deposit. if you choose the second buyer than I need a refund and you could easily call the other person and let them know the original sale deal was going through. About 10:30 pm that same night she texted my phone saying that she was selling to the second buyer because she didn't trust that I would come to get the goats and she was keeping 50.00 of the deposit. I wrote and told her that it was her choice to go with the second buyer before the actual set up time for me to get the goats so it was she that was backing out on our sale not I and she needed to refund in full. Am I wrong?

At any rate this will give me more time to get the fence completely done before making arrangements in the future. That's what I get for jumping the gun.