Goats&moregoats: KickinUpDust Farm Journal

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, there will come a day that there will have to be "answers" for and there will be no escape from their punishment.....just put it in His hands and have Faith that His Word is True!!....I sure do hope that ya stick around and keep us in the loop with Storm and how things are going for ya.....ya never know what the future holds for ya......:)

goats&moregoats

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thought I would just drop in and let everyone know we have settled into our new apartment. Storm is adjusting better than I thought to in the city living. He walks excellent on the leash. No pulling or acting up. Having a little issue with going potty on the leash. I have read up & got my vets opinion and it is going require time & patience. After just two weeks he is improving already.
We lost our cat Trixie. The cancer just got to bad and we chose to end it for her. That was a very sad day indeed. She is buried on the property we just moved from.
My DD1 has a job interview today and 2 on Monday.
I broke my ankle two days before we moved. Did it such a way that they said it could be treated like a severe sprain(no cast, no boot). Then this past Saturday I was walking the dog and found a hole, turned the same ankle. Wore the boot all week. I go tomorrow for an updated xray to see if anything else needs to be done. I am hoping not.
I did finish my two refinishing projects before I moved. They are not perfect, but for my first time I think they turned out pretty good. Finishing up a third project I started , that can be done on my back deck. Just need to fine sand it and then I am painting it. I have other projects lined up, but that will have to wait to see if I am able to find a garage to work on them next Spring.
IMG_20180907_152524.jpg IMG_20180907_152534.jpg IMG_20180907_152542.jpg IMG_20180907_152546.jpg IMG_20180907_152602.jpg <-------Piece from my Fiance's mother
IMG_20180907_152653.jpgIMG_20180907_152552.jpg<----my computer desk

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Nice to have you checking in. The furniture projects look good! SO SO sorry about the broken ankle. You sure didn't need that and REALLY didn't need it just before moving. Was the house sold to family or on the open market? And how is Doreen making out?

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Good to hear from you and so glad that Storm is adjusting. Sorry you went and damaged your ankle (TWICE! :ep you must be more careful!). Hope nothing more serious and the boot will allow it to heal. The furniture restore looks well done. :) Good for you! Hope you'll stay in touch, even though you're now stuck in an apartment in the city.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh my goodness!!....sure hate to hear about the injuries and hope it heals quickly for you....how is the recovery of the tick bite and lyme disease problem doing?
Glad that Storm is adjusting to things and sure hope that things settle down some for ya.....just remember that we are here for ya, so don't be a stranger.....:) :hugs

goats&moregoats

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have been keeping myself busy. We are all adjusted to the apartment life now. Storm is doing terrific. My DD1 takes him to the dog park at least once a week. He has made friends with a younger female Husky named Yugi. He plays well with all the dogs there, big or little.

Doreen is not doing well. She has progressed rapidly in her illness after the move. She also fell and broke her hip and is still recovering from that. She doesn't talk on the phone other than to say hi. Can not be left alone for a second anymore and varies other things that come with this illness. She is with family though. Children, grandchildren & great grandchildren.

We lost one of our fur babies shortly after we moved. He cancer got the better of her and we opted to lay her to rest. May have already shared that. She is buried on the property in the country.

I have been volunteering at the local Salvation Army and just now secured a part time seasonal job there. I just can't sit home and do nothing, I was going insane! I will continue to volunteer there as well.

Also got my disability papers done and ready to be mailed in. That will be a long progress I am sure. Got told two weeks ago that I need right hip replacement. Now I need to call the doctor back and see if the doctor that did my knee surgery will do the hip. The doctor that I did see for it won't do the surgery if I am smoking(yeah, I know, very unhealthy habit). Anyhow, right now it's up to each doctor as to if he will do it or not, so I am hoping the other doctor will. I did amazingly well recovering from the knee replacement.

Other news, I am still fighting for the grandchildren in Ohio. It's been definitely determined that if I am able to get any, it will be the two girls. So I have a sister(who has been doing visits with me) who is going to try to get the boy. He can't be placed with children younger than him and I have 3 here who are. My sister has no children at home. Praying & crossing fingers there.

Doing more baking now as well. Learned to make bread. Didn't realize how easy it is.

Other than that...just taking care of myself and everyone else.
Picture for Eric's Christmas gift.jpg Our fur baby we had to say goodbye to: Trixie age 11
IMG_20181121_133826.jpg Storm IMG_20181123_110923.jpg Other cat T-Rouble IMG_20181121_201344.jpg Bread I made

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Really great to hear from you!

And sorry you had to put down Trixie, 11 years is a long time for big dogs but not all that long for a cat. :(

Sure hope you and your sister can get the kids. How far is your sister from you?

As to Doreen, I'm sure being yanked out of her home did nothing positive for her, glad she has family.

Good luck with the hip replacement (and yeah smoking isn't good ;)) it will make your life much better.

:hugs

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Saw another post you did and mentioned that you should do exactly what you did above! Very nice to hear from you! Glad that for the most part, things seem to have stabilized for you. I know it's not all that you want, but perhaps down the road, some of that can be added back in. Good luck with the hip replacement. Hope that all comes together for you. Best wishes also on getting the grand kids.