Goats ~ OH, HOT DAM!! ~ 11/11/11

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Yay! thanks, I had to work hard to find pics of Pippy for this. EVeryone that comes to visit the farm comments about her. She has been a fantastic doe for us, going on 9 years. I think I have 3 doelings in the herd from her. But she is a little shy and not easy to get good pictures of. You have to remember we are a whether and meat goat farm so our does aren't tamed or used to being handled on a regular basis.

Congratulations to everyone. Looking forward to seeing everyonse spring pictures.

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Pippy is a wonderful lookign doe. I wouldn't mind a few of her kids myself.

Congrats to all!

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
jodief100 said:
Pippy is a wonderful lookign doe. I wouldn't mind a few of her kids myself.

Congrats to all!
Thanks Jodie, I take that as a real compliment, you have wonderful animals. I don't know if you would be happy with the amount of grain her doelings require to keep weight on the first couple of years. I find with the boer/nubian crosses they need some grain to grow and the first freshners on up to around 3 years old need to be well fed while nursing their kids. I know you like to pasture/browse yours. I will say on a positive note for her(Pippy), I haven't had to worm this doe in over a year. And she has never been sick or run down.
She is standing a little funny in the pictures with that back left leg of hers, that is because when our family was going through a crisis I was having to do deal with the farm myself for over a year and I got behind on hoof trimming. I do wish I had just asked for help or hired someone to help me catch up. She is doing much better this summer and I hope I have gotten everyonse feet back under control.

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Congratulations to all the Winners!

Can't wait to see the contest in the Spring! :)