GOATS SCARED ME TO DEATH

terrilhb

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I fed my 5 goats tonight. Everyone was there. And healthy. I came into the house. My DH goe:he :rant :somad :tongue But Os out to collect eggs. I go out at my normal time about 20 mins ago to lock up chickens. I see 1 doe. I am supposed to have 3. My bucks are in there pen and house and all my chickens and guinea's are there. But I am missing 2 girls. I am outside yelling for the 2. 1 is Sara and the other is Speckles. Sara is the mom and Speckles is her baby 3 months old. I keep calling them. :fl But they dont come or yell back to me. :th I am ready to call the police. I know someone stole 2 of my girls. I am devastated and angry :somad I run in the house yelling to my DH and my DS. They tell me to calm down and relax. :smack No my girls are gone. I am ready to call the police. We are all outside with flashlights and lanterns calling and looking. I am looking in coops and everywhere. But still missing 2 girls. I am devastated. :hit I am yelling call the police. My DH comes home asking what is wrong? I tell her someone stole 2 of my girls. She gets to looking. :pop She finds them. Both mom and daughter laying against a woodpile ignoring me. Why? :th They always come running when I call I don't understand. But anyway all are good. My DH and kids think I am crazy and overreacte but they normally always come running till tonight. Dam _ Goats. Why do they do this to me? But I still love them. Just don't understand. Noone else understands how I felt. They feel I overreacted wanting to call the police. But if they were gone than what?

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Goats are naughty and they ignore you sometimes. They were just chilling out! It's torture. :duc :he We have all been in that spot. Husbands just don't get it sometimes. It's like having one of your kids wander off in the mall. And then when you find them you are so relieved and mad at the same time. :barnie

redtailgal

Reaction score
Yup, my goats do that to me.

Then they laugh and laugh..........

RareBreedFancier

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
:hugs That's just your goats idea of fun.

My buck plays dead. Look out in the paddock and he's flat out on his side or even got his legs stuck up in the air. :ep

Call him, no response. Yell at him, no response. Scream, jump up and down and holler at him, no response. Think 'OMG he's dead'!
Walk over and he's snoring! :th

Mind you, he's done it often enough now DH knows not to worry when I say I have to go check on the 'dead' goat. :rolleyes: Silly goaties.

kstaven

Purple Cow/Moderator
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I know several people who received reports of dead animals in their field because of animals like that. We have a Saanen goat here that will not stir until you walk right up to her.

RareBreedFancier

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Glad to know it's not just him that does it.

I always think it must look interesting to anyone driving past when he's out there with his legs stuck up in the air and his fat belly. My landlord mentioned it often looks like I have a dead goat. :rolleyes:

Funny think is if you walk up and wake him up he looks at you with this sleepy "What? Why'd you wake me up?" look. :lol:

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
It's awful when your goats do that to you.

We 'lost' a kid for 12 hours once. He was 2 days old. Disappeared off our front porch. The other 3 kids out there were right where I left them. We searched until dark, yelled until we were hoarse, and nothing. The next morning, there he was, right outside the back door....WIERD!

I used to have a 32 yr old mare who'd 'play dead' on me. I dunno how many times she pretend died before she actually died.