• Saanen

• Toggenburg

• Pygmy

• Other (tell me in the comments below)

Results are only viewable after voting.

goatyyymama164

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
HEY! I am going to be making polls every week. Pick which answer you think best applies to you then write something in the comments. Thanks for checking this out! BTW this poll will end in 7 days! PSI love floppy eared goats like Nubians.

Chiknoodle

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I like Nigerian Dwarfs and Pygmy’s. I have a goat named Bucky that is a castrated Nigerian Dwarf but there’s nothing dwarf about him!:lol:Then I have have Cinnamon. Her dad was a full blooded Pygmy and her mom was a fainting goat mixed with something else.

Chiknoodle

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I like Nigerian Dwarfs and Pygmy’s. I have a goat named Bucky that is a Nigerian Dwarf but there’s nothing dwarf about him!:lol:Then I have have Cinnamon. Her dad was a full blooded Pygmy and her mom was a fainting goat mixed with something else
BBB1791E-8F34-4C51-A0CA-42921ED17F65.jpeg

This is Bucky. I will post a pic of Cinnamon later :)

Deecarter

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I love the Nubians with their bedroom eyes and long floppy ears. They are such sweet goats and easy for me to milk. As I'm getting older, though, I'm considering switching to Nigerian Dwarfs because they are smaller and might be easier for me to handle, and they are adorable.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Alaskan the crosses most often take on the color and calmness of Saanen. They have more volume when they do speak but not nearly as often. I do have a buckling that's 3/4 nub this year and just bellows for attention. He'll get attention at the auction next Sat! My Nubian buck is very quiet, even in rut. :idunno

@Deecarter if you think a Nigerian would be nice -- many are! -- do a test milking first. Be sure those teats fit your hand, some are a challenge, so small. Also milking lines, not just pet, if you want enough milk to be useful.