Going on a Road Trip-Md to Indiana to get a goat- We are Home...

ThreeBoysChicks

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
So for years now, I have watched Roll Farms' kidding threads and longed for one of her beautiful Nubian boys. Well the time has come. Yeap, I am doing it. I am crazy or so every member of my family and every friend believes. But, I am not crazy. I am not crazy. I am not crazy. I had given up on the idea, but then my 20 year old son, home from college on 12/16, said "Dad, lets do it. It will be an awesome road trip". I will be leaving on 12/20 to drive 9.5 hours each way. Not only do I get a wonderful herd sire, but I get to spend some awesome time with my son. We will be picking up this wonderful guy.

RoadTrip.jpg

He is the son of Chaos and Ally. I am grateful as I am getting him for a good price and think he will be a great addition as my first every Nubian Herd sire.

He is going to need a name. I can name him, "Roll Farms ....."

I was thinking of calling him "Roll Farms Ally's Chaotic Road Trip" and call him "Roady". What do you think, too corny? If you have any better idea, please give them to me.

15 days to go ..........

Pearce Pastures

Barn Babe
Reaction score
I love it!!! Not corny at all. That is so exciting. You should find some fun stops along the way---so much to see in between your state and ours.

marlowmanor

Reaction score
I like the name idea. What about calling him Tripp for short?

ThreeBoysChicks

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Pearce Pastures said:
I love it!!! Not corny at all. That is so exciting. You should find some fun stops along the way---so much to see in between your state and ours.
Not including a lot of time to stop along the way. But hey, if we can do it this time, look out for herdstock 2013.

Catahoula

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Congratulations!!!! You are not crazy. He is adorable and will be a great addition to your herd! A great son you have too... :)

Alice Acres

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I think you're not crazy. I drive 2 hours so my dogs can make 1 minute agility and lure coursing runs...then drive home!:D
And my daughter and I went 8 hours to get horse supplements, stayed at a B&B.....all good fun.
That young boy looks wonderful, he should be a great addition to your family.

RPC

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I hope you enjoy your trip you will not be far from my house I am about 1 hour and 15 minutes north of Kim.

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
The name is cute, but unfortunately too long...only room for 30 letters (including spaces) on the application, darn it.

We desperately wanted a certain Boer buck once that we couldn't really afford when we were just starting out, so we partially paid for him by digging water lines and installing hydrants. Spent an entire 95 dg day digging....named the buck "Digger" to remind us that we earned him.

I'm glad this is giving you the 'excuse' to spend quality time w/ your son!

ETA: You are no crazier than the rest of us....:p

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
Spending quality time with your son is never corny. Congrats on the new buck! I'm sure you will be thrilled with him.