GOOD NEWS!!! YIKES!!! Big Black Angus-darn neighbor-ADDED Pic on Pg 5

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Male is on the loose. I called the neighbor whose cattle are known to be out (they have dairy and angus). He just called me back and said they were trying to round some up that got out. But, he says it was at most an hour ago. Well he is running and foaming at the mouth. When the other neighbor called he had just run through their yard and I looked out and he was here already. Probably 1/4 mile or more cross lots and one of our fences. Then he went through the fence again and across the road to the field. They are going to come look for him but, wanted to know where he was now. I told him I wasn't out there watching it! Nor was I about to. I wish they would keep their animals fenced! The good news is if it's theirs it's a steer! But, as riled up as he was I don't want to see him again--he's not happy.

Oh, this is the guy whose estranged wife started yesterday's fire. :rolleyes:

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
I thought that was called free beef on the hoof?

We've only had one neighbors cow mix with our herd.
She knew she was in the wrong place and busted back out onto the timber co. road as quick as she came in!
When they called to tell me to get the cow off their road, I got to tell them to track down their grader operator, it was his cow!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Funny this one belongs to the grader operator too.

He was through so fast there was no chance to get the gun but, I do believe giving them a chance to come and get it. Unless he comes back and starts causing trouble here in the yard. He was running so fast and wond up so bad he was foaming at the mouth--probably not the best time for beef anyway.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
Funny this one belongs to the grader operator too.
Cool!
Since Hubby sometimes drives a grader, if our cows get out, it's now officially his fault!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Well, they came "looking" for him. Two trucks one with a trailer parked on the side of the road where I had last seen him. Roughly 6 people got out. Most disappeared for a few minutes and then reappeared by the trucks. They stayed a total of 40 minutes and that was the extent of their "search". I'm not impressed.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
kitty dealing with cattle or owners like that is no fun.sorry that your fences are getting tore out.my dad would make the cattles owners fix the fence.but then he would get madd an fix it hisself.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The way they fix fences it wouldn't do any good.

Another neighbor's brother stopped by to tell me I had a small heifer out and while visiting with him, I found out the other guys had 3 horses in the trailer. They never got them out to go looking for that steer.

Beef anyone?

Latest posts