good supplements

Lowstorm

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
So my doe is feeding 12!!!! kits. I found calf manna so I'm supplementing that with the food. Salt blocks in the cage, free fed pellets and hay (Grass).

I was at the coop today, and they're clueless about rabbits! Which is unfortunate. I need to know what supplements I can give. They have sheep/goat, cow, chicken... I think I got lucky finding the manna. It was next to the bags of rabbit food.

So to keep momma healthy I would really like to supplement more, or would more be bad at this point? If yes, what can I get? Should I look at goat/sheep stuff? The selection here is atrocious!

Lowstorm

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Kay, thanks! You've been tons of help. Gotta get the BOSS out there too. I had to look up what they were!

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mine get ACV too. 2Tb per gallon. I haven't had any urinary or kidney symptoms, and they seem to like the flavor. Supposed to add in some Vitamin A, but not sure how much it actually provides.

alsea1

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Your bun should do fine with what your feeding. If you go overboard with feed you will end up with a fat rabbit. That makes her production of kits fall.
When I get rabbits that are at the weaning stage I do give them chamomile tea with a touch of ginger to the water. They really seem to love it.

DutchBunny03

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
As long as you feed pellets, you don't need salt licks. The pellets have plenty of salt. Oats are a great supplement. Feed a 3/1 pellet-oat ratio. Barley is another good one. If you want, you can mix the oats and barley, and feed the same ratio.

Latest posts