GOOD winter boot suggestions?

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I used to be OK when I was working and only needed to keep my feet warm between the house and the car, the car and the office.

But now I have lots of outside things I need to do and can't just wait until spring!! I have had no luck with the boots I have purchased in the past. They don't last or they aren't warm below 32F unless I'm moving around a lot let alone at -20F. I've bought expensive boots and cheaper boots. I figured there must be people on here that have to go out in severely cold weather and still have warm feet.

My preference is a boot that doesn't lace up.

So have at it, what is your favorite brand and model of winter boot for outdoor work?

Thanks!

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
Have you tried Bogs? I can't stand the price tag but I hear they're great. I rock my old beat up Sorels. I love them

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
Pac Boots are wonderful.

We have muck boots, free repair for life! Just got a pair replaced that my dog chewed up, cost a little but worth it as they're a little pricy. Swear by these things when not in my sloggers .

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
I love love love Muck boots.
I like the WetLand muck boot. They are pricey but worth it. They stay warm during the coldest days in NC. They are rated to still be good @ -20F. My feet get cold easily and I can wear thin socks and still be warm :D Another thing it has is self-wicking.
I don't have the thickest legs in the world and a bucket of water always seems to find it's way inside my boot… it works fantastically!

I needed a boot that wouldn't make my feet hurt after wearing them for several hours a day, they are the most comfortable shoe or boot I've ever worn.

I'm on my second pair. The first lasted about 2.5 years or so. I'd like a little more life but it's not bad seeing how much they were used- VERY heavily!

At this point I don't see going to another brand. I'm on my feet a lot and these fit my needs.

@Ferguson K tell me more about this repair service?!

Alexz7272

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
So, a little known fact, I have an auto-immune disorder closely related to Lupus which causes my extremities to lose feeling and/or be cold. Obviously that includes my feet. Like @Goat Whisperer I have ALWAY used Muck boots. I've used them in negative degrees here in colorado and they have kept me warm, which is not easy with my disorder! And they are EXTREMELY comfortable. I'd wear them everywhere if it was acceptable :lol:
So I also strongly recommend them :)

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes I've heard they're great too. Forgot about them! I've had my eye on a pair!

Come to NH. It is socially acceptable here! :lol:

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'll have to look up these Muck boots. Last winter I bought a tough looking pair of boots at TSC because they were on sale and had great tread on the soles, plus insulate lined. It was going to be extremely cold (for us) with snow/ice predicted and I always have cold feet! On sale for $19....how could I go wrong?! They do lace, which I didn't really want/like but, for that price what the heck. Was delighted with them!! Feet never got cold, never slipped in them, etc. A little too big but heavy socks don't make them tight. Only use them for farm stuff, so ok.

Oh, they were Itasca boots. Never had any before, don't know who makes them or other people input. That's mine. Cheap and WARM.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I wear Muck boots too. Not the warm ones as CA doesn't normally warrant that but I have mid calf ones for winter and deep mud and low ones for everyday might get my feet wet kind of wear. I LOVE THEM.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I think Itaska is the manufacturer of those boots Mini. There should have been a model name with them as well.