1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Guess the build... - Discussion thread.
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Got my first goats and now a complaining neighbor

Discussion in 'Everything Else Goats' started by Silky ma, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Jul 9, 2018
    Baymule

Baymule Herd Master Golden Herd Member

I'd build a pig pen on her side, minus the set back. Actually, the set back is for BUILDINGS. it says nothing about animals in the set back. So.....(if allowed) build the shelter for the pigs consistent with the set back, and their pen right up to the fence.

If pigs are not allowed, then get guineas and geese. Put their coop as per allowed on the set back and run them right up to the fence.

I really can't stand people like that.

Do not respond to any more texts. She may be fishing for something in print to hang you with. If she texts again, respond with an invitation for her to join you for coffee and cookies.

2. Jul 9, 2018
    Genipher

Genipher Loving the herd life

I like that idea @Baymule
    Kill'em with kindness!

3. Jul 10, 2018
    Bruce

Bruce Herd Master Golden Herd Member

Oh yeah, guineas. I understand they can make quite a racket.

And maybe you can start a puppy mill as well, minimum 10 breeders. Nothing like a bunch of yappy puppies to keep the peace.

RollingAcres likes this.
  4. Jul 10, 2018
    secuono

secuono Herd Master

I can hear my neighbors dogs barking, they are well over 1500 feet away.
    Idk why anyone would want animals close to the house, I wish my barn and dogs were further away. The noise drives me nuts. Then there is the smell and flies.

Either way, if you are within the law, stop talking to her and move on with your life.

RollingAcres and Bruce like this.
  5. Jul 11, 2018
    Skiesblue

Skiesblue Loving the herd life

The hedge is a good idea. Pampas grass or something junipery you can trim or let grow. Maybe you can agree on something that benefits both properties somehow. (If you can keep the goats from eating or climbing it). Try to keep a “this too shall pass” mindset. Good luck.

6. Jul 12, 2018
    Anthony Sr.

Anthony Sr. Chillin' with the herd

As my wife says "Build a Bridge", so maybe that would be some good advice to your neighbor. I live in the country now and my Goats have calmed down on the crying at night, and they're only about 30' from my (closed)window... Oh by the way, I just got a Nigerian Dwarf, and he WAS crying a lot till he got used to his new home.

Bills Vs Beaks likes this.
  7. Jul 12, 2018
    Silky ma

Silky ma Chillin' with the herd

Thank you all for your responses! I got a good laugh! Im trying to be the bigger gal here and not escallate this. Hubby bought a roll out privacy- screening? It has helped
    To quiet the girls down! What she doesnt know is - as if last weekend i have my two bucks and a nubian and this weekend i pick up another doe nubian. I have been feeding and watering and saying hi in the mornings
    Only do the 3 gals can get use to eachother- there was qiute a bit of head butting from the nigerians against the nubian. By staying out of it they have formed a truce. I peek in on them every hour using binoculars and they are eating and resting together.
    As of today when i leave they no longer cry and scream - you left us-! They take my leaving in stride and gather for their love snd combing esch morning. After i add the second nubian this weekend i will gradually add more time with them. I definately wont keep the same schedule time each day- varying the time keeps them calmer.
    So far so good! She has texted me but it has Been positive and about a fox she saw and a deer with two new fawns. I did answer nice pics and thanks for the heads up on the fox. A few nights a deer lost her fawn - 3:49 am-50 feet from our window to what i believe was a mountain lion so i let her and my closest neighbors know to be carefull.

Bills Vs Beaks, Bruce and Baymule like this.
  8. Jul 12, 2018
    Silky ma

Totally l blew off my response

9. Jul 12, 2018
    Silky ma

100 feet of privacy screen zip tied to enclosure fencing

Attached Files:

Bruce and Latestarter like this.
  10. Jul 12, 2018
    Silky ma

Hubby and i talked and wonder if she isnt bipolar- she swings from one emotion to another so fast it leaves you baffled!

Latestarter and Baymule like this.