Got pigs!--Hiding this morning :D

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thank you.

The people we got them from originally started breeding them for the fair so, hopefully they will grow really nice.

Looked in the pen this morning and there were no piggies. They were hiding under their hay--I had seen the hay move as I walked down there so I knew they were there. ;)

2468herdsrgr8

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I want a piggy !!!!! There adorable !!! My parents where divorced when I was very young and my dad had a Pig Farm I remember visiting him for the summer and begging him not to kill the runts....he named all his sows after his old girlfriends... Pigs are really smart.....he had one that would come running to him whenever he whistled a certain way.....I want a piggy !!!Congrats !!!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I just called the meat processing plant and scheduled them in. :D The plant we use books months in advance but, they are good.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
did the piggies eat their breakfast this morning.i bet they had fun hiding in the hay.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Not the last time I was out to look at them. They did hit the water though. The feed is a bit different than they are used to. DH brought home a pelleted feed for them for now and they were on a ground feed before, I believe.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
gaited horse said:
Farmer Kitty said:
gaited horse said:
you should butcher one and breed the other
I don't think so.
why? you won't have to buy more next year and you can sell the extras
EXTRAS? We have 2 gilts. No babies with them.

We are not setup to farrow out pigs. It will be enough of a stretch to keep these two until butcher time. They are in part of the heifer barn and this winter the heifers will be let in and somehow we will have to put up a partition so that I can get in there to feed them.