Gracie Again, newest challenge

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was going to say what Bee just did. We keep our Bernese MD on a 100' cable run that's connected up high between two pines.
She will stay home loose as long as I'm outside, but can't be trusted if I go in. She keeps her visits to the property's adjacent to ours, but I don't want her going off our property period.

bethh

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Tethering works. Gives her a way of being in the guard area but not being able to access a fence or go anywhere. You need electric containment that is juiced up....wayyyyyy up.
We have hot cable. Tonight I found out that it isn’t working. I don’t know what the deal is.

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was going to say what Bee just did. We keep our Bernese MD on a 100' cable run that's connected up high between two pines.
She will stay home loose as long as I'm outside, but can't be trusted if I go in. She keeps her visits to the property's adjacent to ours, but I don't want her going off our property period.

I've got Blue on the same thing right now....big long run line. Until I get a chance to hotwire my coop pop door so he can't squeeze in there and eat my eggs, he's on the run line. When he's not on the run line he's on the wireless containment system....he's still learning that and has taken the longest of all my dogs to learn the boundary. Can occasionally hear the screams in the middle of the night and just have to shake my head. :rolleyes:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Paris asks to go up front to Sentry’s pasture daily. Yesterday I wasn’t outside when she deemed it time to go home to her beloved back yard, so she dug out. I got “that feeling” and went outside to find her trying to dig under the fence to get in the backyard. At least she wasn’t running down the road.

Don’t these dogs drive us nuts? LOL

bethh

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Paris asks to go up front to Sentry’s pasture daily. Yesterday I wasn’t outside when she deemed it time to go home to her beloved back yard, so she dug out. I got “that feeling” and went outside to find her trying to dig under the fence to get in the backyard. At least she wasn’t running down the road.

Don’t these dogs drive us nuts? LOL
😫🤬🥰