Granny cant go 3 days

Dozclan12

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hi, just got on my computer .. checking my mail..and there you were..I guess I can still get alerts in there. Is it really that slow in here? I liked being here. Checked in on a few things..different animals.....goats are a hoot! I love my chickens that I can have though...here's what's up for now..a few photos for fun. I love the silkies and bantam cochins for the summer. I place them for the winter though, don't have the appropriate housing for them. :/
20170504_131023 (1).jpg

Hatched some Nn's this spring. They are getting pretty. I have them on my phone. Need to download them to my puter. :D Nn's..very sturdy great laying bird!
20170516_113903 (1).jpg
20170704_171222.jpg

My funny photo of the day...I knew these two would probably want to nest together, they are always together in the yard, but really?
20170630_094446.jpg

I was there in time to hear the .. clunk, up against the back nest box door..didn't break though. :p

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Haha not THAT slow i just liked the faster pace of things.

We hatched a bunch of NN x Americana last year still have a hen and rooster left. I owned a few silkies but wow are they easy for predators to get. We had well over 120 poultry until last summer. I just like talking about my other livestock beter i guess, or maybe i find them more exciting now. I just to like chickens a lot though, i still want the pretty ones.

I think i just got burned out on them, we were getting and selling 22 dozen a week and i had to wash them all by hand. i grew to hate it.

Dozclan12

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I don't get that many eggs!~! Live in a neighborhood...you know..that Back Yard Chicken thing. ... BYC! ;) I wish I lived on a farm. I'm an old lady now, won't be happening for me now, so, I at least get to have my chickens. They make me happy. :)

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
We started out backyarding it too! But we did always wanna farm so we are trying to make that happen.

Chickens did make me happy too and rabbits. When we got our first muscovies i was soooo excited!

Sourland

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Good morning herders. Granny had a heart attack and stent replacement 2 days ago. Her prognosis is good if she will behave. That might be a problem with granny.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hoping for a fast recovery. Stent replacement is mostly routine nowadays. My brother and brother-in-law have both had it done with no problems.
It's not like open heart surgery (bypass) where you have weeks of healing and then cardio rehab. btdt.