*graphic picture warning*

BlueMoonFarms

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Its still the same :/ The lump appears to be growing a little bit bigger like I was warned it might do. I'll take a picture in the morning.
I wish i could say it was doing something exciting.

BlueMoonFarms

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I stand corrected!!!
I made the mistake of ignoring it for about a week, and when I checked it this morning this is what I found.
IMG_4529.JPG

I had kept pulling the skin apart thinking it was sticking together due to the ooze. It must not have been! The skin must have been trying to heal around the lump that was growing.
So, for people who end up with something like Anne's mystery lump, leave it alone and dont bother it unless it starts to really look bad or something.
Because now within a week of my not packing it or touching it look what ended up happening!!!
Oh this is exciting :D

PoultryQueen101

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Just read your whole thread. Very educational and I'm so glad she pulled through! Great post!
I did too, very inspiring. We are getting a nigerian dwarf doe for show next yewr, and possibly a pygmy doe as well. I will make sure I keep her pen clean ... like I forgot to do with our ducklings, and it rained that night.. resulting in 3 deaths :( I feel horrible, but it was like it was meant ot happen because it really helped us out.

What kind of goat, im sorry if I missed this, I wasnt really paying attention.
Can we see a picture of her whole udder with the one half now gone?

We went through something similar with one of our blue copper maran hens, she lost her rump feathers and it got scabby and then, one day with tornado sirens going off, we were closing the coop up and her intestines had popped through that area. It was disturbing and we had to use a razor blade to cut the dea tissue around the hole. Then we brought to the bathroom..... where she decided to regurgitate.... and we pushed her intestines back in and stitched her up with cotton thread.... she lived, but now she has to live alone, hef feathers havent yet grown back and the area grew huge. She lays, eats, and drinks though. I with we could artifically breed her to our lavendar ameraucana so she can have a baby and we could name it copper jr.

BlueMoonFarms

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I did too, very inspiring. We are getting a nigerian dwarf doe for show next yewr, and possibly a pygmy doe as well. I will make sure I keep her pen clean ... like I forgot to do with our ducklings, and it rained that night.. resulting in 3 deaths :( I feel horrible, but it was like it was meant ot happen because it really helped us out.

What kind of goat, im sorry if I missed this, I wasnt really paying attention.
Can we see a picture of her whole udder with the one half now gone?

We went through something similar with one of our blue copper maran hens, she lost her rump feathers and it got scabby and then, one day with tornado sirens going off, we were closing the coop up and her intestines had popped through that area. It was disturbing and we had to use a razor blade to cut the dea tissue around the hole. Then we brought to the bathroom..... where she decided to regurgitate.... and we pushed her intestines back in and stitched her up with cotton thread.... she lived, but now she has to live alone, hef feathers havent yet grown back and the area grew huge. She lays, eats, and drinks though. I with we could artifically breed her to our lavendar ameraucana so she can have a baby and we could name it copper jr.
Yes, keeping clean is a must, but then again it sounds like you already learned that lesson :( Sorry about your ducklings. Loss of life is never fun regardless of what it is.

Anne is a Lamancha goat. Shes small for her size, but she makes up with attitude and faking us out every kidding by pretending to be in labor for like...a moth or two before she actually is ready to have the baby.

Sure! I have been ignoring the udder some more in hopes of it being completely healed up when I go out to finally check it. Since its been a while i'll peek at it tomorrow *fingers crossed* and i'll make sure to take a picture. Its really kinda weird seeing her with only one udder. Poor girl looks like shes trying to waddle around with a water balloon stuck to her butt...

Woo now thats an experience I never want to go through. Wow! So glad to hear your bird made it through all of that!

PoultryQueen101

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I just thought about my last sentence... I would never name it copper jr. Now to think about it. In case I jinx something and it happens...again!