*graphic picture warning*

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@newton the goat this is the site where we talk about the real world of livestock. We have a good mix here, people with one pet to people who farm for a living. We all would love to live in the "ponies and rainbows" world, but reality is a smackdown and what is real and what is fantasy must be sorted out and dealt with. It is so much better for you to go into the world of livestock with your eyes wide open than your head stuck up in the clouds. There is great reward in caring for our hoofed friends, but sometimes the heartbreak of loss makes you question why. It is knowing that the next birth, the next ear rub, the next baa, moo, bleat, grunt, squeal or squeak when they see you coming, makes it all worthwhile.

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
@newton the goat this is the site where we talk about the real world of livestock. We have a good mix here, people with one pet to people who farm for a living. We all would love to live in the "ponies and rainbows" world, but reality is a smackdown and what is real and what is fantasy must be sorted out and dealt with. It is so much better for you to go into the world of livestock with your eyes wide open than your head stuck up in the clouds. There is great reward in caring for our hoofed friends, but sometimes the heartbreak of loss makes you question why. It is knowing that the next birth, the next ear rub, the next baa, moo, bleat, grunt, squeal or squeak when they see you coming, makes it all worthwhile.
And that is one of the reasons why I have joined this site :) I want to know more, learn things from other people's perspectives telling me the different sides of farming, I know I will likely have one of those days where I will question things like why one of my animals die. I know what it's like to lose animals but not ones that I depended on to help make a living. I enjoy learning new things and having opinions corrected, if I'm wrong about something I want someone to tell me and then give me an explanation so then I don't make the same mistakes. I want to see past those "ponies and rainbows" and if I need a reality check to get past it, then I need a reality check. Lol

Latest posts