Grass, Weeds and Forbs-Picture I.D.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m finding all kinds of plants on the farm. A lot of that’s are cool weather plants and are now going to seed.

IMG_4125.jpeg

IMG_4126.png

I know this was a type of plantain, now I know which plantain it is.

IMG_4129.jpeg

IMG_4131.jpeg

IMG_4130.png

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Summer is in full swing. More weeds!

Sida Rhombifolia the sheep eat it, it’s edible for humans too. In some African countries it is used as a food. The leaves actually have antibiotic properties and can be made into a tincture by soaking in 80 proof vodka, or made into a tea. I got this stuff everywhere. The stems get tough and woody.

IMG_4618.jpeg

IMG_4619.png

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’ve got lots of this too. Sheep won’t eat it. It’s tough, hard to even pull a wad of it to use for scrubbing green out of water buckets.

IMG_4616.jpeg

IMG_4617.png

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Summer is in full swing. More weeds!

Sida Rhombifolia the sheep eat it, it’s edible for humans too. In some African countries it is used as a food. The leaves actually have antibiotic properties and can be made into a tincture by soaking in 80 proof vodka, or made into a tea. I got this stuff everywhere. The stems get tough and woody.

View attachment 100139
Antibiotic properties - good, and probably some pain reliever when steeped with that 80 proof vodka! 😁 ;)

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Agree! :lol: pain relief

You guys had me feeling badly that YOUR phones had this and my "lesser?" Android didn't. 😖.

THEN....not to be left behind...I searched and found i DID have such available :celebrate just had to download the free app. It does work on insects/animals too. Yep, identified my goats! And by breed.👍

Now I know that crap is milkweed! Not wanted before or since I knew what it was🤣 something else I want to ID, gotta remember phone. Also did a few things I absolutely knew -- to make sure the app was correct. :lol::idunno well, confidence grew. It's a fun app🤣🤣🤣

Latest posts