Grazing or pasture stick?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Never even heard of it, don't know where to get one. What about making your own? It might be rudimentary but it would do for a start.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Try Stockman Grass Farmer. I have one, got it at a seminar I attended. It is like a square yardstick with all sorts of measurements and info on it. Also call your local soil conservation group, county office extension also.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
If you can't find one, do as Bay said and make one. Use a wooden yardstick and then mark the appropriate heights you need with a magic market. Use different colors to mark the different heights you need to check.

chanceosunshine

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
If you can't find one, do as Bay said and make one. Use a wooden yardstick and then mark the appropriate heights you need with a magic market. Use different colors to mark the different heights you need to check.
I found a broken one on eBay and bought it to copy. There’s a lot of info on it.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
There's alot more to a grazing stick than just measurements as you are finding out. Glad you could find one and hope that you can get enough info off it. All according to how "broken" it is, you might be able to pin it together and use some heavy duty glue to make it usable again.

chanceosunshine

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
There's alot more to a grazing stick than just measurements as you are finding out. Glad you could find one and hope that you can get enough info off it. All according to how "broken" it is, you might be able to pin it together and use some heavy duty glue to make it usable again.
They didn’t have the broken piece available. It’s missing about 2 inches.
Maybe they’re not as useful as they say being that they don’t make them available??

Latest posts